Why You Should Use Longboard Wheels?

Why You Should Use Longboard Wheels?

The Importance of longboard wheels on Skateboards.

16
Longboard Wheels on the Skateboard

Do you want to have a more enjoyable ride? Are you bored with your skateboard because of its tiny wheels? If yes, then I have a solution to your problem. You can replace your skateboard wheels with longboard wheels. Longboards wider wheels are more useful than the skateboard wheel.I am here to help you out with the whole idea of replacing the wheels, how to do that, the advantages and precautions you need. This article is about the skateboards with a longboard wheel. Go through the article and know more about this interesting fact.

Longboard wheels VS skateboard wheels: Why people replace skateboard? Is there any difference? Yes, there are. The product surface materials are the same, but the difference comes in shape. The skateboard wheel diameter ranges from 49 to 54 mm. And the longboard wheel diameter ranges from 60 to 90 mm. Riders usually go for larger wheels for high control and speed. Longboard wheels are comparatively softer and can tolerate bumps. Longboard wheels take less energy in comparison to skateboard. You can ride longer. Longboard wheel performs depending on the surface you are riding. Longboards are made to move side to side.

Why the longboard wheel? You can use your longboard wheels on a skateboard. It works smoothly without any problem and increases the speed of the skateboard. Make sure you can control that during the turn. It is like converting a minivan into a racing car. But enhancing speed doesn't make it a longboard fully. So, be careful while using a longboard wheel on a skateboard.

How to install: You may be wondering now how to install a longboard wheel on a skateboard. To install a longboard wheel at first, you have to upgrade your skateboard. You should use a riser to lift your skateboard. The riser fits between the truck and the board. It depends on the wheel size you will use. You can try many wheels to get the best one for you. You may have to change the skateboard truck, as well because the skateboard truck is made for smaller wheels. They mount differently. So, you can buy a longboard truck to install on the skateboard.

Precautions: To make the longboard wheel functioning, you have to take some precautions. A significant issue that you may face during the replacement of the skateboard wheel is the wheel bite. It happens during turn-taking. It stops spinning dead in the track. To avoid this situation, you can go for a smaller longboard wheel. Avoid more giant wheels if you don't feel comfortable with it. A larger wheel means increased height. So while riding, you have to bend down more than before. It creates lesser control. Beware of that fact while replacing the wheels.

Conclusion

I am at the end of this article. I must say, yes, it is fun to ride a high-speed skateboard only if you can control the speed and avoid wheel bite during the turn. Don't rush; take enough preparation. Many people start showing tricks on the public and become a laughing stock. Longboard wheels on a skateboard can be fun but stay safe. I wish you a pleasant ride.