Why You Shouldn't Stress About The College Application Process

It's not worth the stress.
33

The college application process is the one thing that brings the most anxiety to high school seniors and juniors alike. This is what your four years of high school education have been leading up to. The moment where you finally figure out where you'll spend the next chapter of your life is one of the most relieving and exciting feelings ever.

Here are some tips and tricks to get you through the weeks of waiting to hear back from schools and your decision ahead:

1. Apply to a variety of schools.

Even if you don't think you'll go there, it never hurts to have a certain school as an option. Who knows, maybe you will end up going there! If you want to go to a big school, it doesn't hurt to apply to a small school and vise versa. The more options, the better.

2. It's expensive!

It's pricey to apply to a lot of colleges! However a lot of schools do offer financial aid for the application fee, you just have to look into it.

3. Apply for scholarships earlier than later.

Once you're accepted to a school, it's always a good idea to look into the scholarships they offer. Depending on the school, you might have to write an essay or send additional test scores. It's good to do this earlier than later because it will be beneficial in the end.

4. It's okay to not know.

Whether you decide early on or on decision day, either way is okay. The important part is that you find the perfect fit for you and the amount of time it takes for you to do that is irrelevant.

5. It's okay to get rejected.

Every school looks for different things in a student. They know the type of person they want at their school and who would fit in there. Them rejecting you has nothing to do with who you are as a person. It just wasn't meant to be and that's okay. You are more than a college application and rejection, they just didn't get to see all that you could offer and it's their loss.

6. Every school is a good school.

No matter where you end up, it's a good fit for you and your educational needs, and that's all that matters. You will have a fun experience and thrive wherever you end up.