Why You Should Wear Makeup every day of Quarantine

I look good for myself & nobody else.

11

Everybody's different. I personally love my daily routine of drenching my face in makeup. It makes me feel put together and ready for the day ahead. One thing I know people are struggling with during quarantine is getting in the head-space to work. It can be really challenging especially when you have a million distractions at home, from siblings stirring up trouble to combat boredom to the cat scratching at your leg for some much-needed affection.

There is something so relaxing about making yourself up for the day and going through knowing that you were able to have an artistic moment to yourself in the morn. Because I'm sure we are all well-aware of the fact that this quarantine has created more work for students, even though it may seem to parents and people who are not attending school right now that we have more free time because we can't go out with friends.

I assure you that the time we are not spending with friends right now is being used for schoolwork, and that time needs to remain dedicated to that. But continuing little rituals in the morning, like doing your makeup helps you stay sane in quarantine and prepare to get in the zone to do your schoolwork. Inspiration is everywhere in your life, if you can't see it, then you aren't looking hard enough. Motivation, on the other hand, is a muscle that needs to be exercised frequently or it will atrophy.

My point is that it is important to maintain activities that make you feel good during hard times, especially ones that bring you joy. If makeup isn't your thing, then don't do it. It is important to maintain normalcy as much as possible. It is also important to remain happy or to maintain activities that make you happy. Being happy is important to maintain work-ethic.

Stay safe out there!