Why You Should Read 'Monsterkind'

Why You Should Read 'Monsterkind'

A lighthearted story about a world of humans and monsters; what's not to like?

Unsurprisingly, I've found myself recommending another webcomic. I can't help that a lot of the highest quality content comes from independent authors on the internet. This time, I'm here to recommend the webcomic "Monsterkind" by Taylor C (especially now that a Kickstarter has been launched for physical copies of volume two !).

I found this webcomic by chance, most likely when looking for more content to read while a few of my other favorite comics were on hiatus. "Monsterkind" follows the main character, social worker Wallace Foster, as he tries to help the people of District C with their problems. While it doesn't sound very interesting like that, it's important to note that the world the story is set in is extraordinary. "Monsterkind" takes place in a modern universe where both humans and monsters live.

What caught my attention in the first place was how colorful and unique the character designs in "Monsterkind" were. The art style used is simplistic but lends itself to showing off the character's details. The character's themselves are fun and loveable, but I think the colors and design add to it. Even the side characters with less time in the spotlight have fantastic designs!

While "Monsterkind" is mostly a light-hearted and funny story following Wallace Foster making friends and adjusting to his new life, there are undertones of dark pasts and mystery. I can tell that this ongoing webcomic is going somewhere with the plot, and I'm really excited to figure it out!

"Monsterkind" updates on Thursdays and Fridays and has merchandise available on storenvy. While i'm eager to see more of the story, the updates are well worth the wait!