Why You Should Join Your Local Y.M.C.A.

Why You Should Join Your Local Y.M.C.A.

"It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A."
220

Since interning and becoming a member at my local YMCA this summer I have learned a lot about the many different things that the organization has to offer. Here are just a few of the many different things that are provided to you when becoming a member at the YMCA!

The YMCA offers a fitness center for members to use at their convenience. This fitness center is just like any other gym and includes an area with machines such as treadmills, ellipticals and bikes for people who are interested in cardio type exercises. There is also a weight section for people who are looking to tone and build their muscles which provides leg and arm machines. If you enjoy doing workouts without any equipment the fitness center even has an area with mats to do your own exercises.

If you are looking for someone to motivate you when exercising in the fitness center you have the option of signing up for a personal trainer. The personal trainer will work with you one on one for set days and times and will help you to meet your desired goals.

There is even the option of taking group exercising if you would rather be instructed by someone than doing your own workouts. For teens and adults some classes that are offered are yoga, zumba, group cycling, step and shape and barre. For older adults XYZ (Extra Years of Zest), Silver Sneakers and aquatic classes are provided.

If you enjoy swimming and do not want to take an aquatic class you have the opportunity of using the indoor swimming pool.

There is also an indoor track for people who are interested in walking, jogging and running.

The YMCA has many great things that are offered to their members. The fitness center, personal training, group exercising, swimming pool and track are just a few of the many different things that they provide. All YMCA's are different so if you are interested in becoming a member and learning more about what your local YMCA has to offer, go check out their website!