Why You Should Be Happy in 2017

Why You Should Be Happy in 2017

It's a brand new year, make it worthwhile!

10
Why You Should Be Happy in 2017
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZ8bvlpq7RAhUIOyYKHUHuAagQjB0IBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcrazy-retro.deviantart.com%2Fart%2Fsparklers-277759692&psig=AFQjCNGU3X0Uc14pB2gob2RUhTKGKqdxfQ&ust=1483819027174711

I think we can all agree that 2016 was possibly the worst year majority of us has experienced to this day. With the new year, people use it as a fresh start, so you should probably leave everything that has happened in 2016, behind, and continue into 2017 with no baggage. Here are five reasons why you should be happy in 2017:

1. It's a brand new year

You have no idea what is going to happen within the coming months, which is both terrifying and amazing. Instead of anticipating of what is going to happen, try focusing more on the present moment. The future does not exist whatsoever, the only moment of time you will ever experience is this exact moment. Sure, do what you have to do to prepare for your future, but for the rest of the things in life, just live in the moment. This brand new year should be about more of focusing on the moment you are, rather than giving yourself anxiety for things that you have no control over.

2. Happiness is a choice

For the people who are constantly complaining about little things or who just can not seem to be happy, stop and realize that you are only doing this to yourself. Stop comparing yourself to others and wishing you lived a certain way. There's a reason you are alive and you might as well be happy about it. If you have food on the table every night, a loving family and friends, then you should feel fulfilled...if not, then try to find help for yourself so you can reach that point. Any emotion that you feel is something you choose to feel. (This is disregarding from those who actually have serious issues being dealt with, I'm only making this point for the people who are never happy with anything).

3. You should make it a goal to live your best life

Who knows if this will be your last year of life (sorry to be morbid) but you might as well live it up! Spend time with those who matter and make sure that you are having fun or at least smiling most of the time. Make 2017 enjoyable for those around you and yourself!

4. Put yourself first

When you put yourself first, you will always be happy. Find the balance between selflessness and selfishness, you need both in order to move through life to remain happy. Do what you can to be there for the people you love, but do not forget about yourself. If you have too, take a day off for yourself this year here and there...you will thank yourself in the long run for it!

5. Do not worry

Try not to worry about the little things in life. Focus on what really matters to you and everything else will come easy. By doing this, you will eliminate unnecessary stress and find yourself to be more carefree in what you do.