Why You Should Fight For Your Dreams

Why You Should Fight For Your Dreams

Dreams don't happen unless you make them.

373
Why You Should Fight For Your Dreams
graceinchrist.tumblr.com

Growing up, whenever someone asked me what I wanted to be I told them that I wanted to be a lawyer and graduate from Harvard Law. Don’t ask me where I got that idea, but that’s what I told everyone. I thought that it would be the coolest thing ever to do research and then argue for money. That was my dream growing up.

That wasn’t my only dream and I bet that in your life you’ve had tons of dreams. Dreams of college, of crushing that speech, of not throwing up on your crush, of being a doctor or lawyer or teacher. I bet you’ve had dreams that no one else has ever thought of before, or at least it seems like you’re the first to come up with it.

But here’s the thing: people are going to tell you that your dreams don’t matter. And those people that tell you that, you don’t need them. I’ll tell you why.

Dreams are the combination of your experiences where you’ve seen something that you can change. Dreams are what can turn a devastating blow into a daring comeback. Dreams are what little kids speak about as they create the most amazing imaginary best friends. Dreams are what sustain you when it’s three in the morning and you’re finishing a term paper in order to graduate in your desired major. Dreams are what you have in order to keep life interesting. Without dreams, life would be really boring.

The reason why you should fight for your dreams, well, I can’t really tell you that. You need to figure out for yourself what dreams you have, what dreams need to change, and what dreams you can think of next. Without dreams the world is dull. It looses its luster. It turns into something unbearable and miserable and it’s painful to get through the day.

Yes, reality hits and it hits hard, but that isn’t a reason to stop fighting for what you believe in and what you dream for.

For me, the dream right now is graduating, becoming a pastor and seeing teenagers grow and be equipped by their walk with God.

My dream is to create an atmosphere like no other where they can come and experience God. My dream is let them know that they are listened to and loved.

My dream is to follow God wherever he may lead me.

My dream is to one day have a family to call my own that love and serve God.

My dream is to be an adult that doesn’t lose their childlike ways and still make blanket forts when it rains and have juice boxes just because.

My dream is to let people know that they’re not alone, because they’re not.

My dreams may change along the way, but this next one is a dream that won't.

My dream is that you would realize your dream and fight for it because dreams should be fought for. And, I’m pretty sure you have an amazing dream, so start fighting.