Time to stop dreaming and start writing your autobiography.
Life Stages

5 Reasons You Should Write An autobiography

This is for those who haven't put their story on paper.

17

If you've always had the urge to write an autobiography, but never had the motivation to, here's the perfect article for you.

1. You enjoy the little things

When you wake up in the morning, simple things like the sun shining through your window brings a smile to your face. You have always found beauty in the small things. Whether it's visually exploring paintings on restaurant walls or taking in a gorgeous sunset, you've been content with it all. When writing an autobiography, you will bring a unique and descriptive point of view to others. By always having this positive outlook you will brighten others' day and inspire them to think like you.

2. Your life is cool

You don't have to be Lebron James for people to notice you. Everyone's life is cool because they are the only one's who live it. No one knows exactly how you feel, act, or think when concerning your day to day routine. This is the perfect excuse to tell them about it and give them a better understanding of you as a whole.

3. You have been through a hardship

Each individual person has been through some sort of difficult time. Whether it's a heartbreak, family issues, cancer, or any other form of hardship, you are not alone. By documenting how you handled these obstacles and what it felt like you can relate to others going through similar situations. Not only will you feel better once you get it all out, you will of helped others as well.

4. You have a unique family history

With all of the political debates surrounding us today, it is a perfect time to discuss your diversity. Your family's origins is a huge part of who you are and contributes to who you will become. By speaking out about how this topic has shaped you, you will be alluding to the political tensions without stepping into the middle of it.

5. You have a story

Everyone's life is full of memories that make them who they are. Anything from the little moments in their grandparent's kitchen to graduating from high school has come with a story of some sort. If you take the stories you have and combine them they become something amazing; your life. The little and big parts of your existence are too exciting and unique not to share.

If you are still unsure as to what you should do, just start writing. By that I don't mean write a page and come back to it in twenty years. I mean you really, truly sit down and make a list of your favorite, least favorite, and interesting moments along with everything in between. The only person who can write your autobiography is you, so get to it. It should never be boring; you'll never know how it ends.