Why Writers Love Harder Than Anyone Else

Writers understand human emotion more than anyone else because they have already experienced those emotions through writing.
18

Stories have been told since the beginning of mankind. Stories can be passed down and others are forgotten. Some are unheard of and some are a household name. Either way, every story was created by some creative genius to make you feel something, and change your life slightly after you see what they can do.

Writers are creative geniuses themselves, and they are some of the few in the world who truly understand the concept of human emotion. Any article of writing, popular or not, informative or persuasive, fiction or nonfiction, has a whole heart put into it.

Alongside the plot, which is typically the “A story” there is almost always some sort of love story working behind the scenes which is called the “B story.” The B story can be romantic love, friendship love, or rebuilding some sort of relationship type of love. Either way, at the end of the story the two characters come to terms with each other. It doesn’t matter what genre you may be reading or writing, authors from everywhere have to understand the ever-changing concept of love. For example, in James Patterson’s "Maximum Ride" series, Max and Fang fall in love among the whole series. J.K. Rowling’s "Harry Potter," Ron and Hermione fall in love throughout the books, and then obviously Nicholas Sparks novels (but that one is a given).

As writers write about love in their story, they are already fantasizing what could be, and what can become of two individuals. They see the character as if it were themselves, feeling the emotions they feel, and living the character's lives within their minds. They know what they are thinking when they start to love, and know how much it hurts when love falls apart. Writers understand what they are going through, because they are creating the story themselves.

When it comes to real life, writers know how to deal with the emotions. They know what could be real and what could be fake. Writers understand human emotion more than anyone else because they have already experienced those emotions through writing.

Writers love hard because they understand feelings much better than others and feel it deeper than anyone else because the feelings become much more intense when described with words. Seeing and knowing characters that feel the way they do, makes the writing much deeper and makes the real-life feelings much more powerful.