Dreaming is a part of life

don't let the world's negativity prevent you from dreaming

So dream, be daring, take risks.

54

People as different as each one is can often be placed in one of two categories- you're either a dreamer or a realist, in other words, an optimist or a pessimist. Dreamers look at the world as an oyster; they look at it as a beautiful place with endless opportunities. Realists, however, look at the world with limits and do what they see as what should be done, rather than what they want.

We live in a world where more often than not dreamers are put down for an out of the box idea, or an uncommon goal. They receive responses of how it's unrealistic, or oh that will never happen. But it happens for someone doesn't it? It happens for the people who didn't give up no matter how many times they were told find a new dream. It happens for the ones who look out in positivity. Negativity is possibly one of the worst things on this earth. It takes form in thoughts, emotions, actions, and is deadly contagious. Negativity is a gateway to unhappiness, so why immerse yourself in it.

For a while, I was a negative person because of people telling me I'll never do the things I aim to do, or that isn't practical, it doesn't happen. Those thoughts of "This will never happen for me"crept and stuck in my mind. But then a better thought came to mind-prove them wrong. There's nothing I love more than a challenge. Too many people end up with jobs they can't stand-waking up every day wishing they should have followed their dreams. That's why it's okay to dream. It's okay to be selfish and believe in yourself. Because you know what, those are the people that end up happy. So dream, be daring, take risks. Most importantly do what you want to do, not what someone else tells you should do.