Why the sip trunk has the future insured?

12

SIP Trunk is a communication system consisting of the use of voice over IP, also called VoIP to facilitate the connection of the PBX to the internet, or in other words, it is a virtual telephone line that replaces the traditional telephony being made now through the Internet, which allows calls to mobile phones or landlines around the world.

SIP corresponds to a protocol defined by the Internet Engineering Task Force to initiate multimedia sessions, so trunk corresponds to a line or link that is responsible for transmitting many signals at the same time, connecting large nodes together in a huge communications system.

What must be clear is that companies must have a PBX, which will be responsible for connecting end users, a provider that provides IP telephony service and a Gateway that will be the interface between them. To be clear, PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange, which in essence is a private telephone network that can be used within a company and that is what allows communications both inside and outside.

It's advantages

One of the main advantages to be highlighted is the ability to combine both data, video, and voice in the same line, which eliminates the need to physically separate the data for each of the modes used in every moment
What must be taken into account is that in order to use this type of communication, it must have a considerable bandwidth to avoid slowing or cutting communications and also have low latency.

The SIP Trunk is a telephone system that allows all companies to connect their telephone exchange. This supposes a great saving in the costs of the dedicated equipment. In addition, you will notice an increase in confidence with respect to multimedia services.

Another advantage of this system is the elimination of the old ISDN communications connections, eliminating their high costs in terms of everything to the cost of the phone calls themselves.

Many companies that offer VoIP services allow calls to be made between their own users free of charge, so if two companies belong to the same company, their communications can be made at no cost, even if they are in different countries. .

When you stop using the old ISDN cabling of the telephone line and use the internet connection, the restrictions on the number of simultaneous calls that can be made and received are eliminated. It is also not necessary to make a special contract for blocks of simultaneous calls. It will be the bandwidth itself that determines the maximum number taking into account that each call made through this system consumes around 100 kbs.

There is the possibility of contracting numbers that geographically belong to other provinces or to other countries. With this, what is achieved is to expand the current area of action, being able to use them from their own headquarters.

Where more advantage is acquired is in reliability. If a power outage or a drop in the internet connection occurs, it can be configured to automatically redirect calls to another location or to a mobile phone, so that the customer or provider can continue to be served.

When a SIP Trunk system is available, the management of extensions and numbering can be done internally through the IP PBX.