Christmas, Halloween, and even Thanksgiving are some of the most highly anticipated of our childhood. We tend to look forward to staying up late trying to hear Santa on the roof, revealing our costumes to our friends, and watching the Macy's Day Thanksgiving parade before dinner is ready. Although these holiday's are still something to look forward to, a new holiday seems to have taken the front-running position.

Falling right in the middle of the summer, the Fourth of July is one of the most highly anticipated holidays in our age range now. Here are five reasons why it slowly becomes everyone's favorite holiday as they get older.

1. Lake days are the best days

If you're near any form of freshwater, chances are the beaches will be overrun and boat traffic will be heavy. Families and friends will be at the boat launch by the time the sun comes up in the morning. Most large water fronts have their own firework shows, so watching the sky light up from the boat is a perfect way to end a day on the water.

2. Everyone comes together

Families travel across the country, college friends meet up during the summer months, and mini-high school reunions happen as you taking coolers down to the beach. It's the perfect time to hangout with not only the people you're close with, but catch up with others as you go about the day.

3. Sunshine is better than wearing winter coats

A lot of the bigger holidays fall when the weather isn't as great. The fourth is the perfect combination of sunshine and shorts weather. Instead of drinking hot chocolate by the fire, you can enjoy bomb pops by the campfire and watch the sunset. Also, there aren't as many holidays in the summer, so it's a great reason to look forward to the middle of the summer.

4. Everyone really gets into the spirit of things

It's a day where everyone can come together and be on the same team while wearing red, white, and blue. There's no opposing sides, no one arguing over a game, it's just all about the US of A baby. Mini flags can be seen in the hands of younger kids, along with the classic Old Navy t-shirt that so many of us were forced to wear to the local firework show when you were little. And if you're like me, then your mom will still buy you one regardless if you'll be wearing it on the fourth.

5. If you're over 21, it's the biggest party day of the summer

It's not a secret that booze floats freely on the fourth as much as water in a river. A huge part of the hype around the fourth is that it's a good day to just sit out and drink with buddies. If you're of age, it's a day to take off of work and just have a good time with your friends. Don't forget to drink responsibly and always be safe!