Why Staying Hydrated Is So Important

Why Staying Hydrated Is So Important

Health benefits of staying hydrated by drinking enough water every day!

58
Why Staying Hydrated Is So Important

Water is one of the most abundant and important substances in your body and it makes up 55 to 75 percent of your total body weight. The food you eat contains roughly about 70 percent water. It is important to know that a 10 percent reduction of water in your body can make you sick and a 20 percent loss of water in your body will lead to death. There was a study done back in April of 2002 and researchers at Loma Linda University said that people who drank five 8-ounce glasses of water daily were about as half as likely to die of coronary heart disease as those who drank two glasses of water or less.

If you are dieting it is important to drink water so your liver can effectively metabolize body fat and when you are carbohydrate loading, drink water often so glucose can become stored as glycogen. How important is water? Well, you can survive weeks without food but you can only survive a few days without water. One of the benefits of drinking water is it will help you lose weight and this is because drinking water will help make you fuller which in turn will make you eat less food and act as a great appetite suppressant.

The ISSA,(International Sports Sciences Association) recommends for people to drink eight to twelve glasses of water per day and they also recommend that you drink 16 ounces of water for every pound of weight lost during exercise. It typically takes your body 15 to 20 minutes to absorb 16 ounces of water. The International Sports Medicine Institute has an incredible formula that states,"1/2 ounce per pound of body weight if you're not active (that's ten 8 ounce glasses of water if you weigh 160 pounds), and 2/3 ounce per pound if you're athletic (13 to 14 glasses a day at the same weight.)

Actually, doet like WW and Noom now require you to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to lose weight!

A few correlational studies have shown individuals consuming 8 cups of water per day are less likely to suffer from

•Colon Cancer

•Urinary tract cancer

•Urinary stone disease

•Salivary gland disorders

•Childhood and adolescent obesity

•Salivary gland disorders

Let's check out a few of the benefits of drinking water:

•Drinking plenty of water will help to relieve headaches and some of the most common headaches are due to dehydration.

•Proper hydration will help keep your joints and muscle lubricated so you'll less likely to receive cramps and sprains.

•Drinking water helps to improve the vitality of your skin and you will look younger if your skin is healthier.

•Drinking water regulates your body temperature and helps to fuel your muscles and good trouble.

•It also helps to flush out the toxins and waste products from your body. If your body lacks water your heart, for instance, will have to work harder to pump out oxygenated blood to all cells and so will the rest of your vital organs which will make you fatigue. Drinking water will help to relieve fatigue.

Drinking water will not only help you for your overall health and fitness goals but it will also help improve the vitality of your skin as well as help you stay healthy internally. The best beverage you can ever drink is water.