Why Should We Be Grateful For Raking In Debt?

Here is what your tuition actually provides you.
42

Being in college can be tough, well let's face it, it is tough. Studying like crazy, countless sleepless nights all just, for one thing, our future. Something that seems so little, but means so much. College students continuously worry about the debt they will have after college and honestly just getting through the semester without failing or ripping their hair out. Now that it is the holiday season we need to realize that while we have all this stress and all these worries, we actually have a lot to be grateful for.

1. A Great Support System

Although they make us crazy sometimes, our family and friends are truly our biggest supporters. We may not realize it and may not always be appreciative of them, but we are truly lucky to have people like them to count on. No matter what, we know that we can always count on them to be there when we need a shoulder to cry on or just when we need a quick laugh to get us through our days. So if you haven't told them later, make sure to tell them how truly grateful you are to have them in your life.

2. Having the privilege to attend a university

We may not like having to deal with all the stress that comes along with college, but hey we are lucky enough to be here. Not everyone has the privilege to attend a university or receive an education in general, but we do. That's something we should all be thankful for. Attending college doesn't just mean we get to waste $50,000 a year, it means we get the opportunities to follow our dreams and reach our career goals. This isn't an option for a lot of people. So when you're thinking about how tough it is being a college student and how stressful it can get, make sure to remember that you are privileged and lucky enough to be able to attend college and get the education everyone deserves. Remember that you get the opportunity to follow your dreams and do what makes you happy, to pursue things that you are passionate about.

3. To gain the experience of a lifetime

College is not only an educational lesson, but it is life lesson as well. Being able to attend college, commuter or not, allows us to gain an experience that many people will never know. College provides us the chance to see what is beyond just our small towns that we come from. It gives us the opportunity to experience different things and meet different people. To make mistakes, but most importantly learn from those mistakes and overcome barriers that get in the way. College is not just about the education, it's about the start of your life. A fresh start to break out of your comfort zone and do things that you have never done before. To make mistakes and be ok with making them, but most importantly being able to look past them and learn from them. We have four years to start our lives, four years to gain the experience and responsibilities to control our lives and be comfortable doing it.

We like to think college is difficult and there are so many repercussions that come along with it. However, we have to remember to take a step back and realize that because we go to college, we have a lot to be grateful for.