Reasons You Should Be Listening To Podcasts

5 Reasons You Should Be Listening To Podcasts If You Aren't Already

Podcasts are the entertainment trend of the future, and you should definitely get in on the fun.

15
https://www.pexels.com/@pixabay?utm_content=attributionCopyText&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pexels

If you haven't listened to a podcast by now... where have you been? This form of entertainment has really taken off over the last decade and especially in the last few years. It seems like every talk show host, YouTuber, and actor is starting their own podcast right now, and there is a show for every subject under the sun. Here are the top five reasons why you should try it out if you haven't already taken the leap:

1. It gives your eyes a break.

Photo by samer daboul from Pexels

If you're anything like me, you have a headache by the end of every day from all the time spent staring at your phone screen. When you just want to relax and watch a tv show or read a book, your eyes are too strained and tired to focus on anything at all. Instead, you can just turn on a podcast and get some much needed shut-eye while still being entertained.

2. You can learn something new.

Photo by Startup Stock Photos from Pexels

Whether you're catching up on the news, discovering new details of a murder mystery or elaborate conspiracy, or listening to experts in various fields share their wealth of knowledge, there is always something new out there if you're willing to give it a shot.

3. They're perfect for multitasking.

Photo by Fancycrave.com from Pexels

If you have too many mindless tasks filling up your to-do list for a Netflix break, try a podcast instead. Fold the laundry, hit the gym, grab groceries, take a walk, or just drive to work while laughing or learning (with literally millions of options out there, it's your choice). It's not too distracting like a show would be, although I wouldn't recommend it while studying.

4. It makes you seem smarter.

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

I'll let you in on a little secret: talking about your favorite podcast makes you feel a little bit classier than dishing about the last show you binged on Hulu, even if the podcast was just updating you on the latest and greatest celebrity Instagram comments (a real thing that exists, by the way).

5. Podcasts are just a really fun way to spend your time.

Photo by rawpixel.com from Pexels

No matter what you are interested in, there's a podcast out there for you! I have a handful I listen to on a regular basis and a dozen I listen to on occasion, which has been a great balance for me, but you can really listen to as many or as few as you like. I even wrote a few college essays about podcasts — that's how awesome they truly are.

So if you have been on the fence about diving into the world of podcasts, this is your sign to give it a go! I guarantee you won't regret it.