Why should I invest in a pocket sprung mattress?

Mattress

32

Are you sick and tired of sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress? Maybe you need joint relief which your current mattress doesn’t offer.

Several types of mattresses are available on the market to help, including the highly popular pocket-sprung mattress.

In this article, expert mattress manufacturers Comfybedss explore why the pocket sprung mattress is so popular and how it can help give you the perfect night’s sleep.

What exactly is a pocket sprung mattress?

A pocket sprung mattress is manufactured using individual springs wrapped in separate fabric pockets, unlike conventional open coil mattresses where the springs are connected.

Each spring works on its own, adapting to the contour of your body to provide pressure-relieving support and spinal alignment.

Top benefits of a pocket sprung mattress

Mattresses filled with pocket springs have many benefits that help sleepers drift into a peaceful, comfortable slumber. So, why are they the so popular?

1. They prevent ‘roll-together’

Roll-together is common on traditional coiled mattresses because the entire mattress essentially moves as one unit.

It happens when one person sleeps closer to the middle of the mattress, causing it to dip and then rise on each side – resulting in the other person also rolling into the middle of the bed.

With pocket sprung mattresses, because each coil moves independently, one person can wriggle, re-adjust, and turn over without disturbing the other person.

1. Pocket springs offer unrivalled support, joint relief, and spinal alignment

These mattresses give full body support by distributing your weight and adjusting around your body.

Pocket sprung mattresses offer consistent firmness as each pocket spring holds tension without other springs affecting its compression.

This stability encourages spinal alignment as body weight is equally shared amongst the springs.

Pocket sprung mattresses also have a range of spring counts to select from and different comfort layers like memory foam, which offer more personalised comfort. Spring counts range from 1000 all the way up to 5000.

1. Pocket sprung mattresses can be very affordable

Mattresses often cost more than bed frames.

However, pocket spring mattresses are highly affordable compared to others.

Prices depend on coil count, mattress size and manufacturer. The more coils and the larger the mattress, the more you’ll pay.

Top-quality pocket sprung mattresses are available between £100- £500.

1. They’re available in different sizes

There’s a pocket sprung mattress to fit every bedframe. This mattress is available in standard UK sizes including;

• Small single (2’6)
  • Single (3’0)
  • Small double (4’0)
  • Double (4’6)
  • King (5’0)
  • Super king (6’0)

Which sleeper style can benefit from a pocket sprung mattress?

Many retailers fail to acknowledge the importance of sleep styles to customers choosing a new mattress.

Thankfully, as this mattress accommodates your sleeping position, it’s highly versatile and suitable for, front, side, and back sleepers.

The pocket springs will adjust around your hips and back depending on your sleeping position, offering unparalleled support.

Can pocket sprung mattresses help with back pain?

Customisable spring counts mean that pocket-sprung mattresses are available in different comfort grades ranging from soft to medium to firm.

A 1000-pocket sprung mattress is softer compared to a firm 3000 mattress. A firmer alignment is best for those who suffer from back troubles.

Combined mattresses with a memory foam or gel layer are even more beneficial for back pain sufferers.

However, we recommend investing in a specialist orthopaedic mattress specifically made to soothe and realign your spine.

Switch to a pocket sprung mattress for all round support and comfort

If you’re looking for a mattress that offer both comfort and joint relief, then a pocket sprung mattress is the way to go.

If you need more information on a specific make or model, get in touch with your retailer and ask for more advice.