Why Prince's Music Is Still Important To Me

Prince may be gone, but his legacy will live on. RIP to the Purple One.
28

I have been a fan of Prince for a while. I didn't become a "superfan" until after his death in 2016. Like many people around the world, I was stunned. Actually, devastated describes the way I felt on that day in April. I sat in my house crying listening to Purple Rain. I just couldn't grasp the fact that he was really gone.

Currently, I have about 6 or 7 of his albums. I listen to all of them on a daily basis. You probably think that is a tad bit crazy, but it helps me.

Prince's music calms me. When I'm stressing about something, I turn to his music to help calm me down. It really helps me clear my mind. To me, his voice is soothing. During finals week, I'll listen to my Prince 4Ever album that has around 40 songs on it. It gives me a piece of mind.

When I started actually listening to his music, I was just listening. Now, I have found the deeper meaning in his songs. His song "Let's Go Crazy" talks about not letting something bring you down. That song is very uplifting for me. "Purple Rain" gets me through tough times.