Why We Need To Take A Break Sometimes

Why We Need To Take A Break Sometimes

Take a minute to enjoy your time and yourself.

21
Bankable Insight

Well, it's happened, folks.

I'm halfway done with my college years. And it truly feels like only a few months ago I was facing the Hell that was move-in day my freshman year. Or taking daily trips to the Caf. Or joining my sorority. Or playing in my first collegiate softball game.

High school went by so incredibly slowly and the four years that I spent there honestly felt like they dragged on. So, I went to college believing that it would be the exact same way - four years that, while fun, would drag on and on.

But wow, was I wrong. I still feel like sophomore year just began but today, I watched dear friends receive their diplomas and it hit me that the year was over. My sophomore year was over and I was suddenly a college Junior.

Seriously, what?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that time goes by way too fast. Which is super cliche, but I'm serious. Take advantage of the time that you have. I have two years left at my school and I can already see how much it's going to hurt to leave all the incredible people I have met and soon to meet and the amazing things I have yet to discover.

It scares me to think that one day this life that I am living will have to end, but I know it will have to happen eventually. And when that time comes, I will have to make sure that I made the most of time here.

These years are such special moments because you discover who you are, what you want to do, and where/who you want to spend your time with. These years can define us.

As the great philosopher, Ferris Bueller, once said, "Life moves pretty fast, If you don't stop and look around for awhile, you could miss it." I thought that I related to this statement when I was in high school but it has never rang so true until now.

We are all so busy most of the time. If it isn't a huge project we're working on, it's a research paper. Or we're attending a social event. Or working at our internship. Or our job.

Because we're so busy, we don't get the chance to enjoy our time surrounded by such incredible people and doing what we love.

Being busy is good, but taking the time to appreciate just being present in our lives is even better. Because before we know it, that time is gone.

So next time you are out running around from event to work shift and squeezing in time to write that paper, set aside some time to enjoy yourself. And remind yourself how lucky you are to be living these special years in a place that you love with even better people.

It might seem impossible to do that at times, but do whatever you can to take time for yourself and enjoy your time wherever you may be in life. Enjoy it because it ends so quickly.

You are young and you are thriving.

Enjoy it.