Why Most Nigerians Hate Gospel Sermons Songs

In this informative article, I will explain the major

reasons why Nigerians, especially the youth, choose to ignore gospel music completely except

in Church services.

39

Millions of Nigerians, especially the youth, prefer to listen to other music rather than gospel

music. I'm very sure you are one of them. In this informative article, I will explain the major

in Church services.

A lot of Nigerians only listen to or sing along with any gospel music only in church, as soon as

they get out of the church they stop listening to or playing gospel music, and they switch to other

kinds of Nigerian or foreign music.

Numerous reasons caused this lifestyle among Nigerians,

Why Most Nigerians Do Not Like To Listen To Gospel Sermons

Gospel music is only played in church and worship events

I'm very sure this will not be strange to you. Millions of Nigerians do not play gospel music at

home, they only listen to gospel music and gospel sermons in church.

Only a few Nigerians play gospel music at home, most of them play other kinds of music to the

children at home.

With this lifestyle, gospel music can never get the kind of attention that other kinds of Nigerian

music get because most Nigerians especially the youth do not consume the music as other

kinds of Nigerian or foreign music.

Gospel musicians are only welcome in church and other church events I'm very sure you know as a typical Nigerian, you can't listen to Christian gospel music in any

place in Nigeria you can only listen to gospel music in church and order church events.

A lot of people don't listen to gospel music at a place of work and other places when there is an

event they rather listen to other kinds of Nigerian or foreign music because that is what millions

of Nigerians want to listen to. Nobody cares about gospel music.

This lifestyle encourages and puts hip hop and other Nigerian or foreign music over christian pdf

music so they begin to trend in all parts of the country.

Gospel music is not getting enough playing time on radio television and other related platforms

A lot of radio or television shows don't usually play gospel music on their show because millions

of people especially young Nigerians are not great fans of gospel music so they choose to play

what the people want to listen to which is hip-hop afrobeat and other kinds of Nigerian or foreign

music

Although some radio shows or television shows play gospel music, the playtime for hip hop and

afrobeat is way higher than gospel music play time in Nigeria at the moment.

Gospel music and gospel musicians are not getting traffic and publicity like other music

and musicians.

When it comes to music promotion and other related aspects, gospel music and musicians do

not invest as much as other musicians in music promotion.

Nowadays radio and television will only play the music of the artists that sponsor their music on

their television or radio show. So you won't be able to listen to gospel music like hip hop,

afrobeat, and other kinds of Nigerian music.

When music is successfully promoted to the general public, that is when millions of people will

get to know the music and begin to download, stream, and be a good listeners of the artist or

music.Lack of investment is also one of the reasons why gospel music is not trending as other kinds of

Nigerian music in the country.

Parents allowed their children to listen to other kinds of music rather than gospel music

only

When parents do not play gospel music at home then their children will play any kind of music,

especially the music they listen to whenever they go outside.

A lot of hip-hop music has been trending over the years and at the moment in Nigeria.

Regardless of where you are always looking for any kind of hip hop and afrobeat music in

Nigeria.

So they'll begin to like this kind of music and start to play this music in their room, sitting room,

class, and other places they go.

A lot of parents do not caution their children when they begin to listen to hip hop, afro beats, or

other kinds of music that are not gospel music they encourage them to continue to listen to this

kind of music because they do not give them the best music which is gospel music for them to

listen to.

A lot of parents do not play gospel music at home

I'm very sure you know this, only gospel music was allowed to be played in typical Nigerian

homes decades ago but at the moment. Gospel music is a thing of the past in an average

Nigerian home because a lot of parents do not play gospel music at home they rather play other

kinds of Nigerian or foreign music.

When parents do not play gospel music at home for their children to listen to they can never

love the music as they grow old. That is why parents need to play gospel music for their children

to listen to from a young age. So that they will be able to like the music and sing along with it

anytime anywhere.

Fewer gospel artists compare to hip-hop and other kinds of Nigerian music

One of the major reasons why hip hop and afrobeat music are popular and well accepted in

Nigeria is that there are more numerous hip hop and afrobeat musicians than gospel music

musicians. Thousands of Nigerian want to become a rapper, and hip-hop artists and only a few

people want to become gospel artists. So with the rate of hip-hop and afrobeat artists, they can produce and release thousands of

music every week while few gospel music artists released few songs every month compared to

the number of afrobeat and hip-hop music in Nigeria.

In Conclusion

Now you know the major reasons why gospel devotionals is not popular in Nigeria at the moment,

especially among the youth. To encourage gospel music among the youth several things need

to be done. There are numerous gospel music websites where you can get the latest Naija

Gospel Music Download in Nigeria and other countries of the world. So that the youth will be

able to listen to and sing gospel music lyrics like all kinds of Nigerian and foreign music.

So that the youth will be