Sunflowers, the leaves in the fall, the suns that you drew in the corner of your papers as a kid.. they're yellow. That's probably why I love the color so much. I feel enveloped in happiness when I see the color yellow. Even smiles go from white to yellow in shades.

So many people speak of Van Gogh and how he wanted to eat yellow paint to make him happy, but that didn't happen. Although he did want to kill himself via eating paint and drinking turpentine, you can at least focus on the positive of it all. (I am in no way attempting to romanticize mental illnesses.) His paintings are some of the most beautiful paintings I have ever seen, and you can always see the color yellow.

When I hear people discuss their favorite color, it is almost always red, pink or green. Those colors also dominate our holidays! Red and green for Christmas, red and pink for Valentine's Day, red and blue (along with white) for the Fourth of July- they are all joyful holidays, but their colors don't include one that is associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.

So many people view yellow as an ugly color. I am simply saying that yellow is a color worth being noticed and not left for the backburner. Look at something with the color and try to tell me that it didn't give you at least a little bit of happiness.