Why I Love Spending Time At Coffee Shops

I love being surrounded by positive energy and the smell of coffee.

839
Alexandra Martin

Honestly, there is nothing better than spending time at a coffee shop. Some might disagree with me here, but let me share my side of the story.

I have always been a huge fan of having coffee. The challenging courses in college made it pretty hard to stay away from. So of course, I found myself at a coffee shop as much as possible.

Whenever I step into one, I always feel calm. I know that the people there are either trying to meet up for a conversation, studying, or relaxing. This instantly helps me to relax because I can feel the positivity in the air.

If you're a big fan of coffee, obviously this is the kind of environment that is right for you. However, if you aren't a fan of coffee, then this can still be a place you would enjoy. All coffee shops that I have been to end up having lots of snack options and different kinds of teas.

As I said earlier, this is a place that a lot of people go to have conversations. I always love bringing my grandma to different coffee shops because they are all so unique. There might be a little bit of background noise, but its never too much.

As I was writing this article, I am currently sitting in a coffee shop. I have a cup of iced coffee with my laptop and a book beside me. However, there are so many more things that everyone can do at coffee shops.

Coffee shops are places that are known to inspire. Whenever I need an article idea, I always find myself driving to a coffee shop. Sometimes I think I drink too much coffee, but there is never too much!

My professor freshman year of college actually asked us to describe where we imagine a writer to be located. Of course, the answer is everywhere because we can all be writers deep down. However, I can't help but think of a writer in a coffee shop with a cup of coffee typing away.

I love spending time at coffee shops because this is where I know I won't be judged. I know that it's normal for people to come here to do homework and normal for people to have conversations. I also love how welcoming all the baristas are wherever I go. They don't get the credit they deserve.

Coffee shops are a safe place for people to go whenever they need to get away. I find myself doing my best thinking here and no, it isn't always about school. It's a great place to sit back and people watch. You'll find that people are actually kind and sometimes even pay for other people's coffee.

Grab a friend and go to a local coffee shop. Try one of their goodies if you aren't a fan of coffee or tea. Be adventurous because at the end of the day you won't regret it.