8 Reasons My Junior Year Has Been The Best Year Yet

Every year at Purdue just keeps getting better.

70
Carly Miller
Carly Miller

The fact that this semester is just about over is crazy. The fact that every year at this amazing school is better than the last is crazy. As my junior year wraps up, I can't get over the fact that this has easily been the best of my college career.

I have the best roommate and the cutest house.

Your living situation can make or break your experience. In my case, my living situation has totally made this year perfect. I've gotten to live with my best friend in the cutest house that is right on campus. (PSA: people who say that living with your best friend is impossible are wrong.)

I've made so many new friends.

I feel like this has been the year that I've finally found my group. By that, I don't mean a huge group of girls that I hang out with all of the time. Instead, I've found a very diverse group of friends that I talk to and spend time with constantly and I love it. As my dad has told me numerous times, "you can never have too many positive relationships," and I agree with him 100%.

I've had an amazing internship.

The internship that I've had this past semester has definitely been a major highlight of my junior year. I've been interning at the local TV station in my college town, and it's been amazing. I've gotten to see and experience what being in the broadcast television industry is like, and I absolutely love it.

I feel confident with the career field I'm headed into.

With that said, between my classes and my internship, I feel so confident with the field that I'm headed into. I know I want to be a reporter and have the opportunity to meet people, share peoples' stories, and communicate with others about what is happening around them.

I've gone out and made myself a part of Purdue.

This year, I've felt more a part of Purdue than ever. I have become involved in my major, Odyssey, and gone out and done more fun things on campus. College is absolutely what you make it. If you sit at home every weekend, you probably aren't going to feel like you're having an amazing college experience. So get out there!

I've developed so many network connections.

Once again, between getting to know peers, professors, and people through my internship, I feel like I've made so many network connections that I didn't have before. Having and building a network is crucial headed into the professional world.

I've spent the year by myself.

I've been single all year and MAN, it has been the absolute best thing for me. I get to focus on what is best for me without having to worry about anyone else. I think this has allowed me to grow exponentially. This time is the best time to just do you.

I've spent the year for myself.

Similarly, I've done so many things for myself this school year. I've gone out of my comfort zone on numerous occasions. I've gone to events on campus, applied for internships, and focused on how I can be the best version of me.

With all of that said, I cannot wait to see what my Senior year at Purdue has in store.