Why Is a Good Idea to Resize Your Video for Different Platforms
News

Resize

5

.

Different platforms have different video dimensions.

You might be thinking, "Why should I care? I can upload the same video to every platform." And that's true—you can. But the real benefit of resizing your videos is that you'll be able to create more content for each platform. For example, if your Facebook video is uploaded at 640 x 480 (640x480) pixels, it will look like this:

Image:

https://www.businessinsider.com/images/5b55c1f368bcc45e868d3ed9-750/facebook_youtube_instagram_fullsize__0.jpg?v=2

In this material, we will show you what you need to know before you resize video content for the most popular social media platforms.

1.Resize Video for YouTube

YouTube is the most popular video sharing platform and it supports all types of video formats. You can upload any kind of file, as long as it's in a compatible format.

For example, YouTube will support different aspect ratios like 16:9 or 4:3. These are just fancy terms for how tall your video is compared to how wide it is. So if your web page has more than one column (like this one), then the width = 975 pixels and the height = 767 pixels would be considered a “portrait” orientation because both numbers are less than 1200 (the width multiplied by two).

If a monitor were rotated 90 degrees clockwise so that its longer edge was parallel with the horizon then this would be called “landscape” orientation because both numbers are greater than 1200.

2.Resize Video for Facebook

The first thing to be aware of is that Facebook video dimensions are 1,080px wide by 720px tall. That's a square, so you can't change the aspect ratio without losing data. If you want to use this platform, make sure your video file is the right size before uploading it to Facebook.

Make sure you're using a high-definition format like H.264 so that your content looks as crisp and sharp as possible on smartphones and other mobile devices. You should also keep an eye on your audio quality—a low bitrate could lead to muddy sound or clipping (distortion) in loud parts of your clips. With those considerations in mind, you may want to resize your videos for optimal performance on platforms like Facebook:

3.Resize Video for TikTok

TikTok is a popular music video app that allows its users to create short-form videos. In order to get your content on TikTok, you have to use the platform’s proprietary video format and compression technology so that it can be uploaded in their system.

Here you have some insights about the TikTok dimensionsȘ

●9:16 or 1:1 with sidebars as the aspect ratio;

●suggested measurements are 1080 by 1920 pixels;

●vertical video orientation;

●the maximum video duration is 15 seconds for a single recording and 60 seconds for several videos posted together;

●maximum file sizes for iOS devices are 287.6 MB while for Android handsets are 72 MB;

●MP4 and MOV file types are accepted.

4.Resize Video for Instagram

When you upload a video to Instagram, the resolution will be 1080p. The dimensions are 1080x1920, which is exactly double the height of the file size for Facebook.

This is because many people like to watch vertical videos on their phones. If your video isn't in this format, it may not play correctly on their platform.

Resize Your Video File Size with Flixier!

Any video may be quickly and easily resized using an online video editor. With a few clicks, you can prepare your videos for Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, or simply resize them to save storage space.

You can resize a video using Flixier to any common aspect ratio. You can select from 16:9, 1:1, and 9:16, or you can set your own unique aspect ratio and video size. No downloads or installations are required; all of those choices are accessible directly from your browser; all you have to do is upload the videos to the Flixier online video editor and you're ready to go.