Why I'm Going To Party Less This Semester

I want to focus more myself this semester and help out the good ole GPA.
16

Drinking is cool and all — I love going out with my friends or my freakin' squad. I love meeting new people and not worrying about anything. I met some of my favorite people by just looking out for each other at parties. Freshman year is kind of weird in the way that everyone wants to have a good time and your classes aren't super difficult.

It's a new year and I'm a year older (wow !!!!). I want to be more mature and happy with myself. This summer was so good for me and I feel like I grew up a little. I learned a lot about responsibility and being a part of something bigger than myself. I want to remember my sophomore year for all its happy moments! I'm going to do things that make me happy and not look for people to make me feel better. Partying is cool, but being one hundred percent happy with yourself is even cooler.

I'm not talking sh*t about people who do party a lot and I'm not saying I'm not going to go out this semester. I'm just going to focus more doing well at my job, getting all my work done ahead of time for my classes and taking care of myself — I have the rest of college to party, but I want to focus more on myself this semester and help out the good ole GPA.

This semester is about me taking care of myself, getting more sleep and being happy with who I am. I don't know how you feel, but college can be very draining and you can easily forget to take good care of yourself. I want to set goals and actually achieve them. I'm going to make new friends and catch up with old ones. Every day can be a new chapter of my life if I want it to be and I know this year is truly going to be one to remember.