I've never really had a problem with public speaking. Whether it's because I'm the middle child and always crave being the center of attention or because I grew up with a mother who adored public speaking, it's never something that has brought me a great deal of nerves or stress. As a result, it's probably not that surprising that I got into theater from a fairly young age. I don't remember much about my first performances I just remember the summers before my first fourth or fifth grade years doing Disney Junior shows and loving every minute of it.

As time went on I got more more involved until it was one of the activities that was taking at the most of my time. Deciding to join and stay in theater was probably one of the greatest choices I've made in life, and I'm so glad I stuck with it. It's taught me so many important life lessons and given me so many important people in my life along the way. Under pressure to be confident with myself. Like I said I never had a problem being in front of people and performing, but not everything goes the way that you would planet. Costumes break, music stops, lines are forgotten, and you have to keep plowing through and thinking on your feet. You can't break that mystery for the audience so you do whatever you can to keep the magic alive.

I've met some of the most amazing people in my life because of his passion and I wouldn't trade them for the world. Adults like Dorothy Stone and Rebekah Peddy, who were the foundations to everything I know today, both as an actress and as a young woman. (Plus they let me adopt their daughters whenever I can). Friends like Tahlia, Bri, minna, and Leah who I may never have met or been close with in high school without this connection over our love of performing. It is hard to imagine a time in my life one day where I'm not up on the stage with people I love bringing the magic of musical theater to life. In every other sense in the world pretending to be someone you're not is a bad thing, but feeder offer is this an escape even if it's only for a couple of hours. It brings emotions unlike any others and true passions to light, and I can't imagine living my life without theater in it. Whether you're reading this as someone who has done here's the theater, or someone who's considering just getting started, give it a chance.

Even if it's just taking a semester long intro to theater class, you will be surprised just how much you can gain from the experience. You may not enjoy it, but you may end up finding one of your true passions in life and that's all you can really ask for.