Why I Have Hope For America With Joe Biden As President, And You Should Too

I know he's not exactly who we all wanted as our President, but I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

28

After a long, drawn-out election process, I was relieved and happy to hear that Joe Biden won

The week of election day was an extremely anxiety-inducing time for just about everyone in this country as we all sat around waiting for each and every vote to be counted. I knew multiple people who were watching the news at all times. Whether it was on a tv in the background while they did work or on a live stream in the corner of their computer, they all had their eyes on the election. For me personally, I tried to stay away from it as much as possible because it was too much for me to handle mentally. I decided to try and distract myself from it all because I knew that I had done all I could by voting and that it was out of my control from then on. Then the news finally announced that Joe Biden had won, and I felt a massive weight lift off of my shoulders.

I have heard many people say things along the lines of "neither candidate is a good option" or "Biden or Trump, it doesn't matter because they both suck." Although I can understand where those people are coming from and I even agree a bit with them on the surface, I truly believe that we needed a new president to take over the office, even if it is Joe Biden. Our country has been divided for the past four to five years, or in other words, ever since President Trump was inaugurated. I really think that Joe Biden could be the one who reunifies the American people.

I grew up in a household where we were always encouraged to voice our opinions,

but to also be open to seeing things from different viewpoints

Growing up this way taught me how important it is to be able to have conversations about politics without it becoming too heated or blinded by our own thoughts and opinions. The way I see it, President Trump directed most of his messages to the right side of politics and created a massive division in this country by not genuinely caring for every single American. Joe Biden seems truly committed to attempting to unify this country, even if there are people out there who did not want him as their President. I think that if you look at how close this election was, it really shows how many people were stuck in making a decision, but it gives me hope that there are people out there who realized that Trump is no longer the answer. Regardless of policy, it is quite relieving to know that we will have a president who will not come off as rude, immature, and narcissistic when he speaks. Biden seems like he really cares about the United States and the American people.

I know that people have their concerns about Biden as President

...But I think that he will do a great job of hearing out all sides of different issues, which is what our country needs. I am excited to have a president who does not scare me or anger me every time he speaks. The relief it brings me to know that I will be able to watch on President on television who speaks calmly, intelligently, and to every American is comforting after many years of feeling extremely frustrated with Trump. My hope for this country in the future is that we will all grow to hear each other out without the conversations becoming hostile arguments, which is something that seems unavoidable at the moment. Biden as president gives me hope after years of feeling like we were in the dark. I wish to see this country united once again while showing respect and understanding for each other.