November 6, 2018, I bubbled in "yes" to pass Amendment 2 in the state of Alabama. This amendment is known as the STATE ABORTION POLICY AMENDMENT. Not the "defund plan parenthood amendment" or "we aren't going to give sex education anymore amendment" (according to Facebook that's what this amendment is).

A "yes" vote supported this amendment to make it state policy to "recognize and support the sanctity of unborn life and the rights of unborn children, including the right to life" and to state that no provisions of the constitution provide a right to an abortion or require funding of abortions "No provisions of the constitution provide a right to an abortion or require funding of abortions"..... nothing is said about defunding Planned Parenthood. But however, if the government does defund Planned Parenthood there are plenty of other places to go get free birth control, STD testing, and all the other wonderful things offered by Planned Parenthood. For example, the health department will not only provide you with FREE, yes I said free, birth control, but they will also give you free exams.

Listen. I love people, I love babies and most importantly I love God. My priority is always to see the good in people and to show them that in return. Now if you can just try and imagine the flip side of this coin - someone who is pro-life believes there is a child from the moment of conception.

"It is not a baby, it is a clump of cells." What a way to demean everything that is the miracle of life and procreation. Stop teaching that life is cheap and disposable. So when exactly does this "clump of cells" get the name baby? A month after it's born when it can no longer be disposed of? What is the point of any other right if we are not even guaranteed the right to life? You can't pick and choose when it's convenient because you're gambling with a life you're now responsible for. This always sparks a lot of debate, but there is no debate because it has already been proven by facts. Don't believe me? At three weeks, their heart begins to beat. At five weeks the head, hands, and feet begin to form. At the end of the FIRST TRIMESTER (12 weeks), the child is fully formed, complete with a working liver and the ability to move.

I consider myself a "realist" if anything. In fact, I believe that I look at the reality of things more than others do. For example, I'm totally in agreement with equal work and equal pay. But to all the feminists that are pro-choice, let this sink in. 50% of abortions are abortions of female babies. That's right. You are fighting for the rights of females yet you are going to end the life of one out of 2 abortions. Guys, I get it.

I completely understand that if someone gets pregnant at a young age that they don't want to take on the responsibility of a baby. But I had a friend get pregnant at 15... and she had her baby.... and they are honestly doing just fine. If a 15-year-old girl can raise a kid, cheer in high school, and graduate from high school... I think you can have your baby. Let me just say this. If you are mature to have sex then you should be mature enough to take care of a baby. Let me say this again. IF YOU ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO BE HAVING SEX THEN YOU ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO HAVE A BABY!!!!!

"This, this, and this justify abortion." There are several reasons that come to mind when I think of this - the main ones involving rape and adoption. I have personally heard the argument of abortions due to rape and incest very often thrown around. I don't know what this is like and I don't pretend to think that it would be an easy situation at all.

But, the baby is a separate being from its mother and father. My primary interest is not in downplaying the victim and their trauma for the sake of popping out another kid. But, to explain that the baby did not choose this either. Having that baby could be a beautiful thing out of that situation. More importantly, this is not an excuse to allow Planned Parenthood or any other abortion clinic to do what they do. Yes, it's an awful thing, but abortions due to rape or incest only make up 1.5% in the US, according to the 2014 CDC report.

Also, there are plenty of people who can't have babies and would kill for one. For example, at the age of 18 I was diagnosed with a disease that doesn't allow me to have kids. I adore babies, but I will never be given the opportunity to have one. If you dare not want it, give it a chance to be loved by someone who would believe it to be an honor. Give it a chance at life.

I get it. Adoption isn't always what you want to do... and an example that I read to be "pro-choice" said to not give your baby up for adoption and abort it instead so the government doesn't have to pay to fund the baby in foster care. 1. Most of the people who voted "yes" to this amendment are middle-class taxpayers. Since a LARGE percentage of our taxes goes towards welfare programs each year. I would definitely be okay with my taxes going to support a baby whose life was saved rather than ended before it was even given a chance.

The Pro-Life movement is a joyful and empowering movement. When a movement has love, truth, science, and beauty on its side, it is easy to be joyful. It's a movement not of anger, hatred, or vitriol, but that cares for every human being, born and unborn, and seeks to protect the life of each of them. And that is beautiful.