Why Growing Up With Siblings Is The Best

11 ways siblings are the best thing since sliced bread.

27

Em, my sister, is my best friend. Anyone who knows me knows this is true. However, growing up, this was not always the case. We fought and really disliked each other. Sometimes I would wonder what it would be like to have been an only child but in the end I realize I would not have my life any other way.

1. They always tell you the truth.

I can always count on my sister to tell me if my make up is to dark, or my outfit is just a tad to short or makes me look fat. She always lets me know her opinion and I am glad I can count on her to give me that honesty that I need.

2.You always have a duet partner.

Weather it be singing in the car or at karaoke night they are always ready to break out that one song you guys have perfectly choreographed and show everyone why having a sibling rocks.

3. You always have a person you can call when you need to talk.

Just like in Grey's Anatomy, they are your person. No matter what life throws at you, you know you can call them up and they are there.

4. You always have a cheerleader.

Whatever you do they are always in your corner smiling and giving you encouragement and smiling as you succeed at your dreams.

5. They are also your biggest critique.

They love to tell you when you are making a mistake or if your outfit does not look quite right. They are not afraid to give you their opinion on things that are in your life. You just learn to roll with it and not take offense to it because they do it out of love.

6.They are literally your best friend.

You do everything together and you become completely inseparable. You learn the meaning to the phrase "I love you to the moon and back" because you do.

7. They steal your clothes all the time.

You just know if you are missing a shirt or a pair of shoes that it has made its way into their ever expanding wardrobe.

8. They are the only person you can fight with one minute and make up the next.

You may fight and argue, but deep down you both know you love each other deeply.

9. They totally know how to get on your last nerve.

It's like it is written in their DNA to come out of the womb knowing how to do this. No one has to teach them this. They just know how to do it and love doing it as well.

10. And they know how to embarrass you oh so well.

Especially when you meet a new guy. They will embarrass you, but do it out of love.

11. Although, they put you through a lot, you would do anything to protect them.

No one, and I mean no one, will cause them harm. You would walk to the end of the earth if it meant seeing them smile. You would take every heart break they could ever feel if it meant they would never hurt. You would do anything for them simply because they are you first and last best friend. You love them so dearly.