18 Girls Share Why They've Faked Orgasms

I Asked 18 Girls Why They Faked Their Last Orgasm, And The Responses Are O So Disappointing

Ladies, we deserve better and when one of us fakes it, she hurts us all.

669
Columbia Pictures

Every girl deserves an Oscar for her performance in bed because, let's not lie to ourselves, we've all faked an orgasm.

We've all been there, but it's not right. Ladies, we deserve better and when one of us fakes it, she hurts us all. We're all worthy of a jaw-dropping orgasm, but when a man's confidence is falsely boosted and he thinks his one "magic" move is what gets the girls going, it's not helping anyone. Guys get cocky when they think they've made you cum, but, news flash, they didn't and it's time for them to learn.

Every woman needs something different and it's up to you and your partner to find the perfect maneuver that makes you squirm. Yet, if you're faking it, you will never find that life-changing O.

Here's what 18 girls had to say about why they faked their last orgasm:

"I have faked one (every time) because I think there is a huge societal misunderstanding surrounding female orgasms, and as a result there is an expectation from males (I am generalizing, this doesn't apply to every male) for the woman they are having sex with to reach that point without the guy really... doing much, to explain without being explicit LOL. Personally I fake it to avoid the awkward situation that would potentially ensue otherwise, but wish I had the courage to be more honest."

"To make them feel good about themselves basically."

"Sometimes it's because I'm just not feeling it in the sex so I feel like I have to fake one to kind of get it over with. Other times it's because I feel like they might need a morale booster to kind of keep going which usually leads me to actually orgasming. No, they usually don't know I've faked it."

"Any guy I slept with I faked it. Every. Single. Time. It turns out I'm gay so that explains it, but at the time I didn't understand why I didn't enjoy sleeping with guys. I just faked it every time and never let them know, I'm sure a lot of them think I really enjoyed it. I'd been confronted before about not looking like I was having a good time, so I faked it in order to avoid another male being rude to me because his ego was shattered."

"I've faked one with my long term boyfriend because sometimes I just can't orgasm but I know he's about to so I'll just fake it. It doesn't make me feel any certain way. We've been sexually active for 5 years so some days I'm just not into it but I still want to pleasure him. I've never told him I fake orgasms occasionally but I'm sure he knows."hurt

"Yes. With random hookups. I felt bad by not being "into it' or not aroused by them, so I would fake orgasms. I never told them, out of politeness, but I probably should have been honest and said it wasn't good or I wasn't really into it."

"I didn't want to make him feel bad. He tried lol"

"I have faked an orgasm, sadly. Because sometimes you just know it's not going to happen and you are not into it enough to explain to them what you want or like. So you just... well, pretend it was good."

"I faked an orgasm in order to make my significant other feel good and end intercourse when I wasn't in the mood."

"Faked it because I got nauseous in the middle from being hungover."

"Never faked one."

"With previous partners, yes, but not with my current boyfriend. I felt like I had to because I sucked at communicating and they sucked at listening and honestly I just wanted the sex to be over."

"YES. TO GIVE MEN FAKE SATISFACTION TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES!!!!"

"Nope, I sat there and gave myself one since he couldn't."

"Yes! Twice with the same guy. I told him I still enjoy myself during sex even if I don't orgasm, but he was determined. He said something like, 'I'm not giving up until you cum,' and he was fingering me with too-long fingernails. It hurt. I just wanted it to be over. I basically tensed up my body and started vocalizing as if I were coming. He bought it. I felt really bad about being dishonest and didn't fake it again with him or anyone else. Several men after him also tried the 'I'm not giving up' thing — it was annoying and I wish people would just listen if you tell them you don't care about coming."

"I fake it because I'm cheating on my boyfriend."

"Only once with my then-partner (now ex). He was trying to finger me but his technique was bad and it was painful. I corrected him many times but his pace was too fast, so I faked it to get him to stop. I've never told him I faked it, but I hated the feeling of having to lie about something so trivial to boost his ego so I've never done it again."

These responses have been lightly edited for length or clarity.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.