Why Everyone Should Add Boxing To Their Workout Regimen

285

A lot of normal civilians steer clear of combat sports. Whether it's boxing or MMA, most people feel like its for the brutes. Most people don't even let it cross their mind because most people think it involves getting hit in the face, or worse, knocked out. While somewhat true, boxing is also a beautiful sport that has alot of art and science behind it. Outside of the intangibles that the sport captures in combat, there are alot of benefits it has for your body outside of combat.

Boxing is everyone who is into fitness or likes keeping in shape should partake in, here is why.

The 5 benefits of boxing

Boxing has many benefits, but here are the top 5.

Weight Loss

The first and probably most appealing benefit of boxing is the health aspect of it. Boxing is probably the best, and the toughest cardio workout that you can partake in. Between shadow boxing and hitting the bag, it is possible to burn up to 1000 calories in a single boxing workout. Hitting the bag alone, depending on intensity, can burn you 300 to 600 calories. That's not counting shadow boxing, jump roping, road work and strength training exercises that come with it.

Build Muscles

Boxing will have you working muscles you never thought you had. Usually the first day after your first boxing workout, you may feel like you can't move, laugh or cough. Your back will be in pain, your core on dire, and your biceps will feel like they were put through a paper shredder. However, this is less reason to stop and more to reason to continue. Boxing will build you an impressive physique and will help shed the fat off your body so that you can actually show off the muscles underneath. It primarily will work your core, shoulders, and back.

Increase confidence

Nothing helps build confidence like knowing you can kick some ass. Boxing helps increase confidence for that reason and many others. Outside of learning how to properly defend yourself, you will also learn how to have a good center of gravity and be in much better shape. Even when Matt Damon was shooting the Bourne Identity, the director made him box for 6 months so he can "get the confident walk that boxers have."

Increase Stamina

Boxing will help increase your stamina as well. No more embarrassingly panting after walking up two sets of stairs. Boxing will make the regular tasks in your life much easier. It will also make you be able to last much longer in bed, seriously. You can expect things to get much easier for you.

Release Stress

Boxing can also be a great form of stress release. It allows one to safely release and pent up aggression that build as a results of regular life, which can get pretty stressful. On a daily basis we hold in what we really want to say to protect other's feelings and that can get tough to hold in after a while. Boxing is a way to provide a release for yourself.

What is a Typical Workout?

Okay so maybe you are already sold on the workout, but you want to know what it consists of.

Well according to the Brawl Bros. Boxing Workout, here is what you can expect from a typical boxing workout.

Typical boxing training regimen:

•Running

•Jump Roping

•Shadow Boxing

•Heavy Bag

•Mitts

•Strength Training

However when you go over to to see the full boxing workout, keep in mind this is for fighters, so you can borrow each task, but you don't have to do it for as long. About an hour of exercise should be plenty.

Stick to 2 minute rounds and 3 rounds per workout.

It's Fun

The best part about boxing is that it is fun. Especially if you don't have to train to get into the ring and fight guys who want to take your head off. Purely as a workout it is the most fun you can have without breaking the law. Grab a friend, grab some gloves, and go bust out a good boxing workout.