Why do you need Omega 3?

Why do you need Omega 3?

Omega-3

13
Why do you need Omega 3?

Unlike other fats, Omega 3 is not produced inside the human body, so you need to get it from dietary sources. There are several types of omega-3, such as DHA, ALA, EPA, and more. While DHA and EPA are found in fish oil, algae, and fatty fish, ALA is available in walnuts, chia seeds, and flaxseeds.

Is your body getting enough Omega-3?

An average adult gets around 90mg of EPA and DHA from their food daily- less than half the amount suggested by the British Dietetic Association and WHO. Often you may notice signs of not getting sufficient Omega-3, such as memory issues, mood swings, dry skin, tiredness, and poor circulation. Eating one part of fish weekly is suggested; if you don't like fish, you can go for an oil-based omega-3 supplement. According to the British Dietetic Association, taking 200-450mg of omega-3 with EPA and DHA is recommended daily.

Reasons you need Omega-3

Omega 3 is found in the human body cell. They are essential for a person's physical and mental health and can be blamed for bad sleep, mood swings, and developmental abnormalities on omega-3 deficiencies. DHA adds 60% polyunsaturated fatty acid to the retina and 40% to the brain. EPA has a major role in the inflammatory response of the body. A good intake of omega-3 helps with good heart, digestion, and immune health. It lowers depression, anxiety, and fall in ADHD and osteoporosis.

• Helps your heart

Increasing omega-3 consumption lowers triglyceride levels by a third and lowers your blood pressure, increasing good cholesterol. It also prevents any buildup of fatty material in the arteries preventing any clot or plague.

Omega-3 supplements benefit those with pre-existing heart conditions and may reduce the risk of another stroke or heart attack.

• Immune booster

Research states that omega-3 fatty acids have a vital role in working the immune system. It has been discovered to improve signs of auto-immune diseases such as psoriasis, colitis, lupus, and Crohn's disease. Omega-3 shows results by activating the immune system and producing antibodies. In just 12 weeks, you will notice results with enhanced immunity cells.

• Relieves inflammation

Inflammation occurs when you have an injury or infection in your body. But, chronic inflammation often occurs because of stress, a bad diet, or a poor lifestyle. It is linked with diseases ranging from anxiety and heart disease to depression. Omega-3 fatty acids help deal with inflammation by inhibiting the body's production of cyclooxygenase, cytokines, and eicosanoids. Hence, your intake should be high enough to prevent inflammation.

Researchers state that people have chosen omega-3 overtaking aspirin as it hinders the enzymes which produce hormones causing inflammation. In fact, most people would continuously ditch NSAID painkillers after using omega-3 for 75 days.

This shows the importance of omega 3 on the human body. If you're looking forward to boosting your omega-3 intake, one of the best ways is to choose omega-3 supplements. You can order these supplements online and get them delivered to your doorsteps with ease.