Why Did Donald Trump Win?

Why Did Donald Trump Win?

The End of the Progressive movement for the time being

10
Why Did Donald Trump Win?
West Reserve Historical Society

As we all know, the new president of the United States is Donald Trump. From experiencing what has happened so far, it appears to me as the most violent, overly exaggerated election I have ever seen. Starting in the beginning of the summer, Trump and the rest of the Republican candidates faced off against Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders for the most part. Accusations of racism, misogyny, homophobia, sexism and a bunch of other generalizations started spewing from the left and the media. As someone who despised Hillary Clinton, I became a magnet for these accusations from my friends and those who rant their ideas on Facebook and other social media platforms. I do not support Trump in the slightest, yet I still received so much hate from the other side based on these generalizations. After dealing with this type of rhetoric for months ever since Trump hit the political spot light, it should appear as no surprise that he won the election in the end.

Trump’s win struck everyone by surprise though. How could a racist, misogynist, homophobic, sexist individual win the presidency? Well, simply put, calling every Trump voter racist, misogynist, homophobic, and sexist does not help win an argument in any case. Now we have the left crying “wolf” because of Trump. I have seen many democrats calling for the end of the world and the end of our democracy as we know it. I have even heard people say they were going to kill themselves or move to another country.There are riots taking place across the country, causing mass public damage. Minorities are afraid they are going to be hunted down and murdered because of Trump. Now, this all seems to be a huge misunderstanding and an exaggeration of events, mostly blamed by the liberal media. We have seen this many times over, just not to the same extent.Republicans were very concerned with the reelection of President Obama, yet we haven’t had our guns taken away, and we still have our basic freedoms, despite what the media has said.This happens on both sides.Former President George Bush was advertised as being similar to Hitler.Obama was given the same treatment. Now Trump is only continuing the process. Anyone here seeing a trend?The reason for me writing this article to clarify that we elected a man that goes against the establishment and against progressive ideals, which is something this country got use to for the past eight years and are now getting a reality check.

Now things will change. With a Republican majority in the House and Senate, I would not be surprised if our legislation starts moving back to the more traditional route.The one that upholds the Second Amendment, the one that resorts to fossil fuels for energy, one that recognizes marriage is between a man and a woman, one that views healthcare as a privilege and not a right for everyone, one that does not take into consideration the feelings and emotions that might be offended or hurt by these policies. I personally see no issue with these policies. If you do, then that is your opinion.I may disagree with you, but I can assure you that such generalized accusations such as racist, misogynist, homophobic, and sexist will not come spewing out of my mouth.