Why Best Friends Are Better Than Boyfriends

6

There comes a time in every girl's life when the craving for a boyfriend starts. Yes, we all want to be shown affection, told we are beautiful, and be loved by that special someone, but I am here to tell you that having a boyfriend is not everything. In fact, there is something even better than a boyfriend — a BEST friend. Here are some reasons why having a best friend is way better than having a boyfriend. 

1. You can cut the cheese in front of your bestie.

Some girls would probably say that it is completely okay to do this in front of your boyfriend, but I am here to tell you that it's not, because it is disgusting and guys have some weird perception that girls do not do that. But your best friend is right there with you for this one. You can have cutting the cheese contests and it all ends in laughter and no judgement. 

2. Dates.

This topic has so many ideas that are better with a bestie. Dates with your best friend include things such as Netflix, cookie dough, dancing in the car to loud, weird music, and so many other completely random things. You never have to worry about looking cute or about saying something stupid. You are free to let all of your weirdness out and your best friend will continue to shower you with unconditional love through it all. 

3. Food Dates.

This one plays off of the above topic because it is a date. BUT, let's face it, eating in front of a guy, one on one, is so so awkward and eating in front of your best friend is completely normal, because that is what you do all the time with, once again, no judgement with how much you eat. 

4. Boyfriends do not ever have dance parties.

They don't dance to really girly music with you and that is important in every girl's life. That is where a best friend comes in handy. 

5. And finally, boyfriends are 100 percent anti-shopping.

They will not spend hours upon hours in Forever 21 with you. They might, but I can guarantee you they will not do it with a smile on their face. And your best friend would always tell you if an article of clothing looked bad on you and your boyfriend wouldn't because that runs the risk of hurting your feelings. I choose honesty over feelings in that area everyday. 

These are just a few of the reasons why having a best friend is so much better than having a boyfriend. So be sure to give your bestie an extra tight hug for being there in all the ways that boys just aren't.