Why Are You So Worried, Girl?

Why Are You So Worried, Girl?

You're going to look back on this time and say "why didn't I take that opportunity to learn more about myself?"

132
Unsplash

So he leaves you. And you're left to pick up the pieces, find yourself, and be alone. But you're scared because how do you be alone? You've never been alone.

Maybe you've been with the same guy for years or multiple guys where you've never gone a second without talking to someone.

But now he's gone. And you're worried. You're worried because for the first time in your life your phone isn't blowing up, there are no more good morning texts, and you have no one to tell every detail of your life to anymore.

You are completely and utterly alone. And you're freaking terrified. Because no one wants to be alone.

While your friends are on their phones talking about their new guy or texting their boyfriends, you sit and stare at a black screen or scrolling through the same social media you have been for hours.

And life hits you really hard. At one point, life was so good you never thought it could get better. And now you're so low, you're sure it can't get any worse.

Life is tough. Life shows you things you don't always want to see. Life kicks you to the curb, spits dirt on your face, and says "you can't do this".

But girl, you can. You've got this. Get the heck off of the ground and spit back.

Why are you so worried? Are you afraid you're just going to be alone forever? Are you afraid of not talking to someone constantly? Are you literally afraid of that black screen on your phone?

Because you know what, I am. I'm so terrified. I have lost my independence. I have lost myself in men that quite frankly don't give a crap about me.

Stop being worried. Stop being scared. Because one day you're going to look back on this time in your life and say "why didn't I take that opportunity to learn more about myself?"

So what, your phone isn't blowing up with 10 different guys' names anymore. So what, you go home from a drunken night and don't have anyone to call. So what, you're alone.

Being alone isn't bad. Being alone helps you appreciate the people around you, the things around you, and see the beauty in all of the other aspects in your life.

As I sit here, wondering why my phone hasn't lit up in hours, I realized that I missed out on my whole night. I missed out on the small details of my friends' conversation, I missed out on the people around me, I missed out on life because I was so worried about the fact that no one wanted to talk to me in that moment.

Why are you so worried? I've always been told when one door closes, another one will open. So what, he's gone. He probably didn't deserve you anyways. Or maybe he was great, but there's something even better waiting for you.

Be patient. Go find yourself. Go love yourself. And stop worrying. Enjoy the moments, enjoy the people who have been putting up with you, and see what life has to offer.

You'll be okay. Just like I'll be okay.

It can only go up from here.