Why Are We In School Again?

Why Are We In School Again?

This time of the semester makes you question soooo many things... like is it all worth it?

175

If you are like me, then you have pulled out your hair multiple times in the past two weeks or so, have stared at your laptop screen multiple times throughout the night with saliva dripping out of your mouth, and coffee just can't seem to make you do that one assignment that is so forsakenly stupid so you're seriously adding up numbers to determine how bad a big ol' goose egg would effect your grade.

Maybe it's because this is my next to last semester? Maybe it's because it's Spring and I just wanna go swim, or take my family to the zoo, or go mow, or go play sports, or go Turkey Hunting (this weekend!), or anything else besides this dredge.

With all that being said and complained, sometimes I need to retell myself why I'm doing something. Nothing is better than a good pep-talk for yourself. We tear ourselves down enough, might as well build ourselves up sometimes right?

I was talking with my FIL that other day about college, and how I feel that our generation has made college a MANDATORY goal or step in life. He owns several of his own businesses and is quite successful, all without a college degree. We both agreed that it depends on the individual and their personal goals. College has it's pros, but it can definitely have its cons. Truth be told, it's not the be all and end all that everyone has made it out to be. Not by a long shot, because some of the best teachers aren't in college. Things like experience, failure, success, etc.

I know, this seems like quite the pep talk already. I'm already struggling with college, but now I'm making it seem more unnecessary? Well, not exactly.

See, for me, college was mandatory. I wanted to be a teacher, and I wanted to learn more about the Bible and working as a Pastor. Sure, experience has taught and will teach me so much more. But, I'm so thankful I've busted my butt for this simple foundation to build off of.

I am loathing school right now. But I can see the end of the tunnel. And I now that I am here right now because I'm building the slab for the building that will be built on top of it. Not exactly flowers and rainbows, but it's something. And it's personal to me.