Do NOT Let Christmas Music Anywhere Near Me, We Can't Forget About Thanksgiving

I love Christmas as much as the next person, but when did it become Christmas season right after Halloween? The retail stores and super eager people need to calm down a little bit. After Halloween we have a little less than a month to soak in all the rest of fall and the Thanksgiving air. It's almost like the smell of stuffing is permanently in the air during November but now all these Christmas maniacs are trying to cover it up with the smell of pine needles and Christmas trees. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Christmas season so much. It's the season where people feel obligated to try and recreate a Hallmark movie in real life, maybe even add in the fake snow. Its also the season for giving, people become selfless and start thinking about others. But let us take time and be thankful for all that we have first.

Thanksgiving is basically a holiday based on eating, eating!! Who wouldn't like to sit around a table with their loved ones and stuff their faces? There isn't any pressure to buy gifts, spend all your money and deal with the holiday stress. You should just relax and take into appreciation everything you have and all that is good in your life while loading turkey on to your plate.

The whole month of November is basically a month that focuses on food. Tor two of the four weekends this month, I have Friendsgivings, which is basically a whole second Thanksgiving but with your friends. That is double the amount of food and double the amount of laughs and love.

I understand that people wait all year to get into the Christmas season, but why are we forgetting about Thanksgiving and the holiday for gratefulness. It's a holiday with no stress of finals and no stress of picking up that extra shift to afford that gift for your significant other. So before the pressure arrives from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, let's have a day to not go to work, not go to school and to be full and happy.