To The Guy Who Chooses To Love Me Next

Whoever you are, wherever you are, I can't wait to meet you. There are a few things you should know about me before we endeavor into our story.

I can't guarantee to always be happy. . . but I can guarantee that I'll always try to make you happy. I'll fuss, I'll cry, I'll whine. I won't always show you the best me. There are going to be ugly moments, hard moments. But in those moments is when I'll really need you the most. I won't always have a smile on my face, but knowing you have one on yours will always bring one to mine.

You have to love my best friends as much as I love them. They mean everything to me. They're my support system, they're my second family. You having a good relationship with each one of my girls will fill my heart with nothing but joy. I want them to be able to hang out, and not feel like they're "third wheeling". Compliment them, help them, grow a relationship with them. I promise - they're all amazing and you're going to love them just as much as I do.

I will cry. . . a lot. If you've made it this far, you already probably know this. It's the way I cope with things big and small. I don't need you to hug me each time a tear rolls down my face, make me laugh instead. Tell me it's going to be okay, because it usually always will be.

Our relationship will always be an adventure. I want us to have stories to tell. I want us to go out into the world and find our limits but only to break them, together. I don't want to spend my life in a zone of comfort, and I hope you don't either. Even past the honeymoon stage, I hope our energies remain high and you're always ready for what's next.

I will not depend on you, and I hope you won't depend on me either. You are your own person too, and often times I feel as if this generation is so engrossed with the idea and thought of love that they forget that love doesn't mean you have to depend on someone. I won't depend on you. I am my own person, and I fully encourage you to be your own person too.

In the end, I hope we can teach each other a lot. There is nothing more attractive than intelligence. I want deep conversations. About anything! Teach me things I didn't know. Show me things I don't see often. Take me places I've never been to before. I want to learn, and I hope that our relationship always gives us an opportunity to grow as individuals and together.

I pray that you have many blessings in your life. No matter where you are. I pray for your heart. If there's anything in the past causing you pain, I pray that you'll heal. Then when that's done, I pray that God prepares your heart for me, but I pray that you learn to love yourself before you can love me. And when you're ready, I pray that you get sent my way.