When You're The Best Version Of You

When You're The Best Version Of You

Never stop striving to become even better.

42
Allura Laubert

We've been through a lot. From late nights to early mornings, we've literally seen everything together. Some days were difficult, and some easy, but each was a blessing to have.

You are me, so I know you better than anyone else. Yet I also have a lot of learning before I get to where you are. I know that wherever you are in your life right now, it is an improvement from where I am. But don't forget, never stop striving for better. I'm going to work my best to become who you are right now, but you need to try your hardest to become even better. Never settle for less, and never settle for anything other than the best version of you.

Also never forget who and what got you to where you are today. The friends, the enemies. Your family, your acquaintances. Each individual in your life has brought you to where you are today. Don't forget that no matter how big or small, negative or positive, a person was in your life, they still had a big impact on making you, you. Also never forget the situations that shaped you into who you are today. Every good grade, or bad fight, each one made you change and become better in the long run.

I know that you are a great individual. No matter where you are, or the accomplishments you have made, I know you are out there making something of your life. I want you to always hold the true you close to your heart. We are both individuals that constantly change. Yet, deep down there is a piece of us that never changes. It's that piece of us that gets excited over new experiences, that piece of us that always want to help another before yourself. Never lose that. Without that piece of you, you are not you.

Overall I'm proud of you. I'm proud of the obstacles you have passed over. I'm proud of the situations you have put yourself in and pulled yourself through. You have never ceased to amaze me, and I know you will never stop doing so. Right now I have a certain path I'm taking in my life. I don't know if you stayed on it, or went another way. No matter what you chose for us, though, I know you did what you believe would be best. Never feel ashamed for not accomplishing what you first sought out to do, after all, sometimes a path in darkness leads to the brightest destination.

Thank you for being me. And thank you for never ceasing to amaze me.