White Privilege in the Court Room

White Privilege in the Court Room

Claiming that you're "Mentally Ill", in committing a crime, should never be used as justification

567
White Privilege in the Court Room
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi4uJPb5_nQAhWBOSYKHR13CuAQjB0IBg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fembassynetwork.com%2Flocations%2Fembassysf%2Fevents%2F232%2Fembassy-meeting-of-minds-reimagine-justice%2F&psig=AFQjCNEQSHUe-TSWwUMeukqAX5PpY70HYA&ust=1482015393900988

I am getting really angry with how some of the people within my race constantly seek a way out of a horrendous crime and how some of them are so filled with hate, expressing racism through their actions and words. Many white men who commit horrendous crimes constantly plea in court that they are "mentally ill"...meanwhile if it were anyone else other than a white man, that man or woman would be fully convicted of their crimes. With the news covering the story of Dylann Roof, who maliciously shot up a church in Charleston, had done this act with extreme hate in his heart. The attendees of this church were African American and Roof acted out his hate crime with full knowledge of what he was doing. I recently was reading an article from Dailymail.com and the article stated that Roof plead not guilty with his lawyers trying to sway the jury that Roof was just a "loner" and "brainwashed" by white supremacist groups...this is an example of white privilege, for yet another mass murderer who is a white man, is trying to avoid the death penalty with a "mental illness".

Yes Roof is a complete heartless psychopath, but Roof knew exactly what he was doing. In no way should any of his actions be justified. By him claiming to be "mentally ill", he is showing a great deal of cowardliness. For someone who was so proud in the disgusting crime he carried out, he really does not seem that he can handle the backlash of the court and his punishment. I am really tired of many white men getting away with what they've done to people. People like Brock Turner, another white man who's actions of raping an unconscious woman were basically justified by giving him a slap on the wrist and a six month jail sentence...THAT'S BASICALLY SAYING YOU CAN RAPE A WOMAN AND ONLY HAVE TO SPEND SIX MONTHS IN PRISON FOR IT, MEANWHILE THE VICTIM HAS TO LIVE HER ENTIRE LIFE WITH PTSD AND FIGHTING TO SEE THE LIGHT IN HER LIFE AGAIN. Another example is the guy James Holmes, who was the murderer of the 2012 Aurora movie theater shooting. Holmes, another coward, tried to commit suicide, because he probably couldn't dare to suffer in jail, so he looked for the easy way out. Holmes did plea of not guilty by reasons of insanity, which was accepted. So that's great!!!! Another white man got leverage for claiming he was insane. Holmes is spending life in prison, yet he was spared the death penalty. White privilege in court is a thing. I am white and I am saying that it is an actual thing.

All of these men are clearly psychopaths, but they should not even be allowed to claim "mental insanity", because they need to suffer the consequences of their actions. These disgusting tainted people took away the lives of innocent people who were just living about their daily lives. These people all woke up in the morning, went about their business, to soon meet their horrible fate by someone who woke up angry at the world and decided to unleash hell. The actions of these people will never bring back the lives that were lost, or even repair any damage that was done to their families. How dare anyone think of taking someone out of their own life. Our courts need to recognize this and dismiss anyone who claims mental insanity, because they are just trying to avoid any bad repercussions.

Maybe if we had stricter gun laws in our country we wouldn't be facing all of these deaths by guns that poison our news stream. But we can't dare to take away the guns, because all of the gun lovers need their guns for "protection" and yadayadayada. Take a self defense class, learn how to fight using your own strength. You don't need a gun for anything, nobody does.

I hope Roof gets the death penalty. "Oh my gosh, how can you say that, nobody deserves that!"...but did those people in the church deserve to die? Did those people in the church deserve to be shot and killed? Did those people in the church deserve to be ripped away from their lives? Did those people deserve not having the chance of returning home to their loved ones?...Do you get my point yet?

Regardless of whoever you are, if you commit a crime, especially a crime that does extreme damage, your punishment should be matched to what you have done.