Whipped Cream Alternatives That Are Just As Good As The Original

Whipped Cream

5

.

Just like how milk is nowadays, whipped cream is also known to have its alternative versions. These alternative versions were all discovered thanks to the discovery of how milk can be substituted with other ingredients. Since milk can be created through other ingredients such as almonds and tofu, cream can also be created through the same ingredients, and thus whipped cream as well.

This article will show you what whipped cream alternatives that you can make. But take note that we will not just discuss the milk alternatives that you can use to create whipped cream. There are also other ingredients that you can explore if you want to make a different version of your own whipped cream at home. The list below will discuss them all, and how they are still different from the regular whipped cream in terms of texture and health benefits.

Almond Milk

Almond milk is a well-known alternative for milk, and can also be used as a substitute for heavy cream if you want to make a frothy whipped cream out of it. All you need to do is mix almond milk, cornstarch, and some flour. While whisking all of it, add sugar and vanilla extract. The cornstarch and flour helps retain the consistency of the whipped cream, since almond milk cannot be used alone to create whipped cream. Also, chilling the almond milk before using it for your whipped cream is highly recommended.

Almond milk is known to be a very healthy alternative for whipped cream as it contains less calories and fat, but is packed with various nutrients. This is great for vegans who would still love to get their hands on some whipped cream. Also, those who are enjoying a more active lifestyle will never have to worry about their calorie intake if they eat almond milk whipped cream.

Butter with Milk

Heavy cream can be substituted with butter and milk instead, as they almost have the same fat content as heavy cream when combined into whipped cream. What’s amazing about using butter and milk is that it will guarantee you the same frothy goodness of whipped cream, along with its classic consistency. After all, whipping heavy cream for too long turns it into butter instead of whipped cream. It’s just reverse engineering butter using milk just to bring it back to whipped cream!

However, take note that using a whisk is not recommended due to the texture of butter. Thus, a mixer is required if you want to proceed with using butter and milk. All you have to do is combine softened butter with milk. The ratio for butter and milk should be at 25:75, respectively. Once you mixed the two, you may go ahead and add the sugar and vanilla extract in order to create whipped cream. This alternative method is good if there’s no available heavy cream in your nearby grocery.

Yogurt is Also Good!

Yogurt is known to be a fermented type of milk, which is why it has a sour flavor. Despite its sourness, yogurt is a well-known dessert that some often sweeten with sugar or any other extra flavor such as fruits. The thickness of yogurt simply makes it perfect to be transformed into whipped cream just by whisking it, as it has almost the same consistency as heavy cream.

All you need to do is just whisk the yogurt until it turns foamy. You may go ahead and add up sugar if you want, but some would prefer the original flavor of yogurt instead. Its tangy flavor makes it seem like a healthier and not-so-sweet variant of the original whipped cream. To make your snacks better with yogurt whipped cream, you should add fruit onto it as you whip the yogurt.

Dry Milk

Dry or powered milk can be transformed into whipped cream as well. This is actually an unusual discovery that was made popular just recently. What makes powdered milk good as a whipped cream substitute is because it can provide the same consistency as the regular whipped cream. Note that some also use dry milk as a means to stabilize their whipped cream mixture, too.

All you need to do with dry milk is whisk it along with cold water, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla extract. But take note that sugar is just an option for this mixture because powdered milk (depending on what you bought at the store) might be sweet enough for your whipped cream.

These area all great substitutes for dairy whipped cream and perfect for things like frappes.

It is highly recommended that you try all of these simply because it can still be whipped using nitrous oxide through the help of a whipped cream charger and whipped cream dispenser. Note that chargers only had the “whipped cream” word on it because it is often used for storing the foamy cream that we all love. But that doesn’t mean that whipped cream alternatives are not an option if you want to store it in a whipped cream canister.