Which month is best for the Everest Base Camp trek?
News

Everest Base Camp trek

123

Everest Base camp lies in the lap of the world's highest mountain, Mount Everest, which is in the Sagarmatha Zone of Nepal. It is one favorite trekking trip where national/international tourists are attracted. The pretty showed mountains beautifully surround the base camp. The experience hiking to Everest Base camp is not so strenuous but also a lifetime knowledge. The Sherpa villages, on the way, have their authentic story and views. The base camp trek has two sides, i.e., the south side trekking route and the north side trekking route.

The moderate journey starts from Lukla and takes you to the beautiful trails. The hospitality and friendliness of people out there will surely make your trip much more manageable. Dense woodland, glaciers, rhododendron forest, views of remarkable mountains, and different types of wildlife will surely make your journey more exciting. The stay at the tea house can be very memorable as you will meet other trekkers with the same soul and spirit. The trip will take you to many remote places, and you can learn a lot about different cultures and traditions. The freshwater lakes reflecting its blue light is something else.

The unique Sherpa culture and traditional food are a plus point in this hike. You will learn a lot about the culture through the old Gumba and library. The trek is one of the high-altitude treks, so there's a chance of suffering from altitude sickness. The long and high elevation trek needs physical and mental strength to make the trip a marvelous treasure. The beauty and hardness of the journey will also depend on the season you plan to trek.

Everest base camp trek highlights

The trekking tour should be done in selected seasons, while the helicopter tour can be done in any month. The weather should be good and clear for the Everest base camp helicopter tour so that you can see all those clyster clear mountains. The season and weather of Everest base camp are pretty dramatic. And hence it would be best to trek in a reasonably good season.

Spring Season:

March, April, and May are the spring season. Spring can be an excellent season to trek in Everest base camp. The weather is warm and cozy. The rhododendron forest starts to bloom in this season. Welcoming rhododendron and other beautiful flowers throughout the trail will surely make your heart warm up. The days are longer, so you can travel and explore more during the days. You will also see the virtuous vision of sunrise during the morning. March and April will give you the vibe of spring, whereas May will be welcoming monsoon. There's little risk of rainfall during this season, and it is regarded as the best season for the journey.

Monsoon and Summer Season:

June to staring September is the monsoon and summer. The weather is wet and warm. This season is difficult as the trails are slippery because of the rainfall. It is sure to rain once a day, and there might be a disturbance in your journey. The roads for the trip are muddy and aren't well concreted. There might be difficulty traveling because of the wet and slippery muddy roads. This season is considered the best trekking season to walk through Everest base camp.

Autumn Season:

Late September, October, and November are supposed to be an excellent time to start your journey for Everest base camp. The rainy season will end, and the autumn fall will begin to start in September will tend to last up to November. The sky is clear, and fresh air blows during this season; it's not that cold nor that warm, and The temperature during this season is pretty preferable. The days are sort of dry because it doesn't rain, but the view is eye-appealing and clear. The great festival of Nepali, Dashain, also falls during this season. You can experience the festivals during your stay in Nepal as well.

Winter Season:

The winner in Everest base is cold. The temperature drops up to zero degrees celsius and goes down to minus during the night. You can experience the snowfall during winter. The traffic in the base camp will be lower than in other seasons because of the freezing weather. The cost of the tour also drops during late November and December. January is dry, cold, and snowy, so you need to wear lots of layers of clothes which can be pretty irritating. The sky is clear during winter, and you will be able to visualize the fantastic sight of mountains. However, you might struggle to keep your body warm enough—the risk of suffering from altitude sickness increases this season. Hiking uphill with layers of clothes and cold weather is pretty challenging. The end of February will be welcoming spring and be an excellent month to start the short Everest Base Camp trek.

Hiking to Everest base camp is quite an experience and knowledge. The untold stories of Sherpa can be a perfect illustration to make a documentary. The place will provide you with enough hospitality and involvement. Spring and autumn are supposed to be the ideal season of the year to trek through the trail of Everest Base Camp. Being on the foot of the world's highest mountain is a lifetime memory that will always be a part of you. Hiking on a good season will be a little expensive than hiking off-season. But, the hiking journey will be crowded in the spring and autumn compared to monsoon and winter.

There are a few important points to keep in mind while traveling to Everest Base camp:

• Make sure to wear layer clothes

• Carry a raincoat and rain boots while trekking in monsoon

• Be physically and mentally strong

• Take proper rest if you suffer from altitude sickness

• Stay hydrated

• Wear comfortable clothes and shoes

• Carry a good amount of money as you will infrequently find any ATMs

• Drink at least 3-4 ltr. of water and hike at least 6-7 hrs. per day.