Is Diet or Exercise Most Effective For Weight Loss?

Weight Loss

104

Weight Loss

Some claim that low-calorie diets are the only way to go when it comes to weight loss. Others purport that weight loss can only happen by incorporating exercise into your daily routine. This article informs you if diet or exercise is more important for losing weight.

Diet Is Key For Weight Loss

There is a simple reason that low-carb diets work: they reduce calorie intake and cause net weight loss which will force the body to burn glycogen. Weight loss happens when you burn more calories each day than you eat. After glycogen stores are depleted, the fat metabolism pathway provides energy to the body. Someone whose daily energy expenditure exceeds calorie intake will begin burning stored fat.

There is simply no way that anyone can lose weight without consuming fewer calories than they are burning daily, regardless of other lifestyle modifications. It’s possible that you can it may lose weight without counting calories, but it’s essential to eat less than you burn in order to lose weight.

Exercise Can Enhance Weight Loss

Exercise is beneficial in that it increases energy expenditure. The U.S Centers for Disease Control recommends at least 150 minutes of activity weekly. The best way to lose weight is to reduce calorie intake, but exercising can speed up the process.

Taking the stairs, walking daily, or doing more physical activity helps increase energy expenditure. However, it is easier to reduce calories by restricting diet than it is to burn those calories with exercise. Say you are eating an excess of 3,000 calories a day. It would require a huge amount of exercise to burn that many calories.

Which exercise burns the most calories?

1.Burpees: 546 calories/hour; equivalent to 1 McDonald’s Big Mac

2.Sit-ups: 259 calories/hour; equivalent to 1 Glazed Donut

3.Jumping Jacks: 546 calories/hour; equivalent to 1 Starbucks Venti Caramel Frappuccino with whipped cream

4.Stationary Bike: 464 calories/hour; equivalent to 2 Bars of Snickers

5.Yoga: 273 calories/hour; equivalent to 1 Can of Coke

6.Elliptical: 341 calories/hour; equivalent to 1 Medium Bubble Tea

7.Jumping Rope: 750 calories/hour; equivalent to 1 Burger King Whopper

Non-Invasive Fat Removal Treatments: Alternatives to Diet and Exercise

1.CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is an FDA-approved, non-invasive fat removal treatment that uses cryolipolysis (fat freezing technology). Based on an article byEnsoul Body Medical Clinic, it can affect up to 27% of the cells in the localized area by using a vacuum-like apparatus to apply controlled cooling. CoolScupting induces temperatures as cold as -10 to -13°C to the areas of the body where you are looking to remove fat.

As this treatment is non-invasive and helps eliminate stubborn fat, it is growing in popularity with people who find it difficult to lose weight despite healthy changes in their lifestyle.

2.SculpSure

SculpSure is another method besides CoolSculpting that provides a non-surgical solution for fat loss. This method uses laser technology to gently heat up and destroy fat cells. SculpSure works by heating fat cells up to temperatures between 42°C to 47°C. Heat damages the cells and they are then naturally eliminated and removed.