Where You Get Your Coffee In State College And What It Says About You

But first, coffee.

123

Among the plethora of choices of where to get your coffee in State College, everyone has their favorite. However, you truly are what you eat, and in a similar way, your choice of coffee shop says a lot about you and has the ability to create a certain stereotype in the eyes of others. Over time, coffee shops in State College have each developed a unique image and the only explanation for this formulation can be told by the people you’ll find inside.

1. Berkey Creamery

If you have the time the hike all the way to the creamery, you must seriously have your life in order. Although loved by many, the creamery sits close to the northeastern-most point of campus, lying far on the outskirts of campus. Nevertheless, the coffee is fantastic and definitely will keep you warm on your far walk back to the central campus area where most of your classes probably are.

2. Starbucks

Major props to anyone who is actually willing to wait in this line. Between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm inside the HUB, it’s likely that you’ll see at least 50 caffeine-crazed Penn Staters waiting for their daily pick-me-up. If you have the patience (which if you do, is quite admirable), the taste of Starbucks is unique and refreshing and is oftentimes well worth the wait.

3. Panera Bread

Ordering a coffee to accompany your cinnamon crisp bagel or mac and cheese in a bread bowl is a must when at Panera Bread. If your daily dose of caffeine comes with either of these delicious meals, you’ve obviously gained the right to treat yourself and should enjoy every last sip (and bite!).

4. Dunkin Donuts

“America runs on Dunkin” and that includes all of Penn State. With a dunkin cup of joe in your hand, you CAN and WILL make it through the day.

5. Au Bon Pain

If you’re in the mood for something more interesting than your typical day-to-day order, Au Bon Pain has a wide variety of refreshing coffee roasts where you can actually control your coffee to milk ratio. Additionally, the sounds of great playlists fill the shop and create a great vibe. So if you’re concerned with getting positivity from your early morning adventure or chill afternoon vibes, we’d probably find you at Au Bon Pain swaying to the music while waiting for your vanilla latte with extra foam.

6. Cafe Verve

We get it, you’re edgy and unique and just that much better than all of us drinking our regular college-student-budget coffee. If you choose to go vegan as a college student, you just have to be willing to pay the extra buck or two.

7. Dining Hall

If you’ve resorted to dining-hall coffee, you must really not value what your coffee tastes like and are simply just drinking it for the caffeine boost. However, if you happen to have a meal plan, getting your coffee from the dining hall is a huge money-saver and can still get you through your worst late-night study sessions.