7 Places You Should Have Spent Your Spring Break

4. New York, New York

253
Cheap Tickets

With April opening and March coming to a close, the month of collegiate Spring Breaks is also ending. Attending a university for four years allows for four Spring Breaks to get out, go out, and have fun before entering the real world from which there are no breaks. As a college student, if you are spending your Spring Break in your hometown (unless your hometown is one of the places listed below), you are doing Spring Break wrong. Here are the seven places you should have spent your Spring Break instead of in your childhood bedroom.

1. Panama City Beach, Florida

Panama City Beach is considered to be a Spring Break capital. With thousands of college students flocking to the Florida panhandle every Spring Break, students can count on PCB to be entertaining. With famous Club LaVela and Spinnakers, the white sandy beaches, gorgeous hotels, and restaurants, Panama City Beach is a perfect Spring Break destination. I may be biased though, because this is where I spent my 2018 Spring Break with long-distance best friend, Victoria, and college friends. The week I spent in PCB was unforgettable, and I look forward to Spring-Breaking there again.

2. Aspen, Colorado

However, the beach might not be for everyone. For the more adventurous students, Aspen, Colorado might be the destination for you. With skiing, snowboarding and sledding, Aspen is perfect for the adrenaline junkie. Aspen is a destination for the cold and snow-lover alike, (I cannot believe they exist either) and allows an escape to a cooler climate before the Northern summertime.

3. Daytona Beach, Florida

But really, who doesn’t like the beach? Daytona Beach, Florida is another Spring Break destination in the Sunshine State. With notable clubs, Razzle’s and Ocean Deck for nightlife, beaches that can be driven on, and a boardwalk with entertainment and rides, Daytona Beach is suitable Spring Break destination. Although Daytona is calmer than Panama City Beach, it is also warmer, increasing the draw of college students to the beach town.

4. New York, New York

For those looking for a more cultured Spring Break, New York City is an ideal destination. Whether visiting Time Square, seeing a Broadway show, or even traveling to the top of the Empire State Building, New York would be an interesting way to spend Spring Break. New York also has nightlife scene unlike any other destination listed. Manhattan nightclubs 1 Oak (stomping ground of celebs like Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber) and Cielo prove that having a cultured Spring Break does not mean it will be boring.

5. Key West, Florida

Key West is a different kind of Spring Break destination. Considered a party city year-round, Key West is undoubtedly one of the best spots for a college student’s getaway. It can be a struggle for some students when their Spring Break falls in the first or last week of the season, as places like PCB may be less occupied. This is not an issue in Key West, however, because Duval Street is a party year-round. Whether college students waste away in Margaritaville, dye their mouths with slushies from Fat Tuesdays, or participate in endless water activities, Key West student’s dream.

6. South Padre Island, Texas

Home of the Coca-Cola Beach Party, South Padre Island is the Spring Break destination for people in the middle U.S. This beach has parties and water activities during the day, with celebrities and DJ gracing the nightlife. Most activities here are outdoors, ensuring that visitors are engaging with the beach. Travel Channel calls Spring Break here “the largest beach party on the planet,” meaning Spring Break spent in Texas is better than it sounds.

7. Miami, Florida

Miami is also a notable Spring Break destination for college students. Springtime in Miami is beautiful, as the heat of the summer has not appeared, and winter already passed. Miami, specifically South Beach, has pool parties for Spring Break at places like the Vagabond Hotel, SLS, and Broken Shaker. These parties are open-to-all and free, meaning any Spring-Breaker can attend these affairs. If this is not enough to persuade you to go to Miami, the Jersey Shore cast just spent a month there, and if Vinny will do it, so will I.