Where is this heading?

I'm Not Sure Where This Is Heading

Like Troy Bolton once sang, "My head's in the game, but my heart is in the [not song in this case]"

90

This is it, this is all I got. I have no inspiration to write anything. I have no motivation to even think of something new to discuss. My mental capacity is a goner. My brain wires are fried to the point of no return, thanks to the fall semester.

Wake up, go to class, internally cry because sometimes it be like that and shoves some fun in the schedule somewhere while finding time to study and do the piles of homework. Maybe have an 11:38 p.m. freak-out session, you know, as you do in college. But, it's one of those freak-outs where your brain is going a mile a minute and you are cool and collected on the outside but a hot mess on the inside.

I'm not sure where this is heading, but it'll go somewhere.

And after your weekly freak-out session, you continue doing homework knowing you still have a good amount time to pull those grades to where you want them. Then after all that fun, you pass out like a light because school is exhausting and so much is being thrown at you at once. Maybe have a quick phone call with your mom because she makes anything easier to handle.

I'm not sure where this is heading, but it's going somewhere. And after your weekly freak-out session, you continue doing homework knowing you still have a good amount time to pull those grades to where you want them. Then after all that fun, you pass out like a light because school is exhausting and so much is being thrown at you at once. Maybe have a quick phone call with your mom because she makes anything easier to handle.

I'm not sure where this is heading, but it's going somewhere.

Then when you finally think you can catch a breath but two professors throw an exam the same day plus another one has a project due two days later. And all you want to is crawl into your bed, and sleep away without worrying about all your responsibilities. But alas, the education you are paying thousands for is calling your name.

Some small assignments you do the bare minimum, the bigger ones you tirelessly research and do. You get six hours of sleep, maybe less so you can extend your time to get as much done as possible because there just isn't enough time in the world to handle everything in a timely manner.

I'm not sure where this is heading, but it's getting there. You try your hardest, but sometimes you can't quite get it and end up redoing a class, redoing an assignment or anything because it's all about improvement. And yes, it's okay to be upset because who wants to retake an entire class over again?

And you freak out some more, thinking you'll never achieve your goals. But at the end of the day, it's about the small achievements that have got you to this point.

There's nothing more reassuring than knowing you are not the only one having late night anxiety or panic attacks. College is exhausting.

I'm sure this heading somewhere, and so am I.