If you live in the south like I do, you're no stranger to warm temperatures. It's a blessing and a curse. We don't have to freeze for a very long time and we get a head-start on our spring break tans. However, Roswell experienced a solid 2.5 months of somewhat cold temperatures mixed in with warm days and those awful days that I call "layering days" for the need to dress in layers because it's frigid cold in the morning and blistering hot in the afternoon. I think it's safe to say that temperatures are considerably higher this February than they have been in the past. It left us with a grand total of one snow day that left ice on the roads making the drives to school on our first days back from winter break a nail-biting endeavor. Although I do love being able to wear shorts to school again, this weather alarms me a little bit. Similar to now, I complained about warm weather last fall when I could count the number of rainy days we had on one hand and wildfires started to ignite in other parts of the state. I remember going out to a fire drill one day and being able to smell and see a bit of smoke. So, you can imagine how relieved we were when it started to rain a little and the temperature finally started to drop. This is what really started to make me understand how real global warming is and how it affects us all.