How To Decide Where To Get Coffee On Main Street

The best coffee is found throughout all of Main Street.

36
Author's photo

A morning without coffee is not a morning you want to have. To most college students, just how sleep is important, coffee is the crucial key to waking up from your long slumber, or maybe short slumber. Start your day with a cup of coffee, allowing you to have a great attitude and a great start to a perfect, sunny day at the University of Delaware.

Where can you find the perfect cup of coffee you might ask? On Main Street, there are a variety of possibilities, but it all comes down to your preferences and to what type of blend you're in the mood for at the point in time. Possibilities range from your simple Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts to smaller and more unique coffee shops such as Brew Haha, Central Perk, the Little Goat Coffee Roasting, and the Perfect Blend. You can't forget about the popular NDB coffee!

If you're not a huge coffee drinker, I don't know how you do it; how you start your day without caffeine. I still recommend you trying all of these places as they have fantastic food. Every place on Main Street offers a great deal of options when it comes down to what to order. I myself am a very dedicated coffee drinker.

I don't just enjoy being awake and alert, I also enjoy the taste of the beans being used. I choose hot coffee over iced coffee every time and order it black because I merely just enjoy the taste of the bean. It definitely is a certain taste you need to acquire. Like I said, some people hate the taste of coffee, or just hate the way they feel from it.

So, how can you decide where to get coffee when there are so many options on Main street to choose from? I go with what I have time for, what I'm in the mood for, and how much money I am willing to spend.

I go to Starbucks when I'm in the mood for a regular hot coffee and when I'm in a rush to class. It's also not as pricey as other coffee shops. I'm not really a fan of Dunkin Donuts as I simply just don't enjoy how their coffee is made and the beans they use. I would pick Starbucks over Dunkin any day. Starbucks never fails to wake me up and get me ready to start my day.

For the Starbucks at Barnes & Nobles, you can also use flex points on your student ID card to get coffee or whatever food you want. During special occasions, or if I'm in a great mood, I will go for the hot chai tea latte or an iced caramel macchiato. Starbucks offers a great variety of drinks and highly recommend them. If you have two big exams the following day, they have a double shot espresso to get your grind on.

Brew Ha Ha is my absolute favorite on Main Street. Not just the coffee, but everything about this place makes me so happy, always putting me in the best moods. Brew Ha Ha's atmosphere is encountered with people who have great vibes, doing work, or just chatting. It's a cute, cozy coffee shop above Grotto's.

If I could, I would be there every second of every day. The atmosphere is so welcoming and appealing that there is no way to resist staying there the entire day. I get regular hot coffee here, however, their blended iced coffee is salivating. I stay simple and choose the normal blended coffee, but there are many flavors you can choose off the extensive menu they have.

Their pastries, cookies, and sandwiches are fantastic as well. Additionally, go and try the new avocado toast. Everything about this place is unbelievable and you would be foolish if you haven't tried this place.

Central Perk, the Perfect Blend, NDB, and the Little Goat Roasting Coffee are also candidates for top coffee on Main Street. They really care about making the customers happy and that is why their coffee is truly special. I suggest to try all of these shops at least once and really let yourself enjoy them, as I do.