Drop Him.

Drop Him.

It's harder than our culture makes it seem.

27
Drop Him.

POV: You're watching your favorite show, and a badass heroine kicks a loser parasite out of her life. That Alien-hitchhiker could be a toxic friend, a love interest or even a parent-figure. You root and cheer and wonder why didn't she do this sooner? You guess that it's because the show's writers didn't come up with any other drama sources for the show and *eye roll* yourself into believing this.

But the truth?

The truth is that this is a lot harder than it seems. Have you ever cut someone toxic out of your life? Yeah, someone just popped into your head huh? It hurts still doesn't it? And even if it doesn't I know you can remember a time when it did hurt. TV shows and movies often times get the human part of toxic relationships wrong because they want the viewer to have a clear opinion of what the main character should do, these shows influence mainstream opinions, and therefore want to generate clear feelings of right and wrong as a response to viewing their media.

What don't we see?

We don't see all the fun times they had with the parasitic persona. We don't see all the good times. I know salt in the wound but just think of all the good times you had with the person you are thinking of right now. You're probably smiling, right? Sorry, my bad, I'm not trying to coerce you into reconciling. But not everything is as simple as it seems on the tv screen. There are always good times associated with someone who also happens to be toxic. There is no other reason why you would keep someone toxic in your life.

I'm here to tell you once you see it, there's no going back. Once you're in the know, you know what to do, you gotta rock with the right feelin' and roll him outta your life. He doesn't belong if he's making you feel bad. I don't care how high the highs are. I care about how low the lows are. And especially this key question. Did he make your lows lower, or did he raise you up? Does he hold himself to the same standards that he holds you? If the answer is no, girl you better drop what you're doing and drop him.

Any person who consistently makes you feel bad doesn't deserve to waste your time, because that's exactly what they are doing.

I know it's hard and it hurts like hell. I know you're thinking of all the good times and all of the fun or happiness he brought you. But girl you are the heroine of your own life, and you better start acting like it. If someone you love were to see how this person treated you what would they say? My final emotional sucker-punch begging you to drop them is this: What would the little girl that you used to be, the one who dreamed bigger and never knew the word insecure, think? Would she let a man treat her like that? Would you let a man treat her like that?

No? Drop him.