17 Things To Write About When You Have Major Writer's Block

Other than a text to your Editor in Chief.
245

We've all been there. It's 4:27, you have an article due at 5:00, and your history professor won't stop teaching long enough for you to create a coherent sentence - much less write a whole article! Sure, maybe you should've left yourself some more time, but you didn't. So now what do you do? What can you write about?

I've got you covered.

1. How a club/class/experience changed you for the better

Maybe it was your first psychology course or the first concert you ever went to - the world would love to know either way!

2. A list of texts you send your dad/sister/best friend

When you're away from home, on vacation, just trying to live your life, whatever!

3. A life lesson you've learned

Chances are if it benefitted you, it can benefit everyone else too.

4. An unlikely friendship that makes your life great

How'd you meet? Why are they so awesome? Tell us everything!

5. Why people should come to your school

Transfer students! High school students! Graduate students! Incoming students! We want you all!

6. A list of songs for a tailgate/birthday party/girls' night in

If you can make a playlist that can put all other's to shame, flaunt it!

7. Why everyone should major in what you're majoring in

You love it! We should too!

8. Why NO ONE should major in what you're majoring in

It's horrible, but you're a senior and you can't get out! Warn us all now!

9. The perks of going to a liberal arts college

Because there are SO many!

10. Why rescuing animals is so important

As if this needs any elaboration...?

11. Reasons you should Go Greek

Or reasons you shouldn't Go Greek, whatever floats your boat!

12. Things to stay far away from on a Friday night

Take it how you wish. You can definitely get a good 600+ word article out of this one.

13. Why college basketball games are so much more fun than high school football games ever were

Or any high school sport really. Honestly, how did we think high school was so great?

14. How to know a college pal will stick around forever

Try to explain that gut feeling - it's easy once you start!

15. Ways to keep in touch with your friends from high school

Or reasons to drop them all?

16. Why you should go to college close to home

Aside from all of the extra love, you will NEVER struggle.

17. A list of things to write about when you have writer's block

Now your wheels should be turning! Take this list and make something great from it!