When You Give a Girl a Father...

When You Give a Girl a Father...

she gets herself a role model.

64
When You Give a Girl a Father...
https://www.elisabettafranzoso.com/articles/an-intro-to-the-father-daughter-relationship

Not that I know what it's like to be a father at all. I do know what it's like to have one. I know what it's like to be provided with everything by a father. I know what it's like to be loved by a father. I know what it's like to have feelings about a father. Here they are:

1. When you give a girl a father…

she will get a ton of Dad jokes that come with him. The jokes will be terrible, but there may be some that are bearable. He will spend hours thinking about those perfect jokes when she walks herself into the perfect situation. She will laugh, fake or not. One day she will appreciate the time and effort that he put into making her smile.

2. When you give a girl a father…

she will get a softball glove to come with him. Perhaps a black eye will come later. Then maybe a hospital trip or two for him, not her. Then will come the anger melt downs about a coach or a teammate. He will give her one of the many reality speeches that he has prepared for her. Yes, she will be mad at him for being right, but she will quickly forget it when they are on their way home from the fields.

3. When you give a girl a father…

she gets her own personal writer. He will write all of her papers with almost little to no information to go off of. He will want her to take over and continue writing in his exact style. She will not do a good job so he will get aggravated and finish the entire paper for her. Then one day she will cry because she just finished writing a formal analysis of Fitzgerald that sounds like something that would come straight from his mind.

4. When you give a girl a father…

she will get an endless amount of calls and texts asking what they are planning on getting her mother for Mother's Day, her birthday, and Christmas. They both know they are going to get her a Bath & Body Works ® set in a different scent for every holiday and every year. Her mother will also receive a necklace that looks almost identical to the other five necklaces she has in her jewelry box. One day the girl will look back and think how sorry she feels for her Mom for getting the same gifts every year. But she will remember those shopping trips with her Dad.

5. When you give a girl a father…

she will get numerous amounts of history lessons. Some of these history lessons will be about her family origin. Those lessons will be taught when she's with his side of the family. She will learn that they love history. The other lessons will be about whatever she is leaning in her history class at the moment. They will argue about. She will quickly learn that she is wrong, he is right and his opinion is always correct. She will roll her eyes and nod her head to get him to stop talking. One day she is going to regret ignoring him, and she will wish for one last history lesson.

6. When you give a girl a father…

she will know how to change a toilet seat. She will not understand why her family changes their toilet seat so many times. But he will make her learn no matter if she wants to or not. So she will stand over him with a flashlight and watch as he changes the first toilet seat. Then he will give her the supplies to change the next toilet seat. She won't get why she needs to learn this useless "life skill". But one day she will want to renovate her bathroom and she will need to change the toilet seat.

7. When you give a girl a father…

she will get his genes. Some genes will be crappy but some are the best genes she could imagine. She will find out she has a bicuspid aortic valve and have to get an echocardiogram every other year to monitor it. She will ask her Dad many questions about his replacement valve that he had to get a couple years after she was born. But she will get the good genes like his teeth, and his proudness of never having a cavity and never having to get braces. Those two things will get passed down to her.

8. When you give a girl a father…

she will have late Sunday afternoon drives with him and her handy dandy driving permit. She will get to explore the backroads with him and listen to all of his favorite music with her convertible top down. She will get lost and he will know exactly where they are and help her find her way back home. When they get home her mother will have dinner ready for them and then shortly after he will turn the TV on ready to fall asleep.

9. When you give a girl a father…

she will get her competitiveness from him. Competitions between them will fill the house. Competitions of who is the better artist. Who is more, in his words, "famous". His reasoning will be because he has his name on two buildings and he will have been interviewed more time that she ever will. They will compete over stealing the remote from each other. They will compete over sleeping next to mom. They will compete over who backs into the driveway better. One day she will miss being competitive because her Mom does not have that same characteristic and that competiveness cannot be duplicated.

10. When you give a girl a father…

she will get a lifetime of heartbreak and sadness from guys who won't even compare to her father. She will have high expectations from how her father treated her and her mother. Nothing will compare to the love that he showed on the daily basis for them. That's why she will be scared she won't ever have the kind of family that her parents have. She will think about him every day and how he is present within her values, actions, and decisions that she makes. She will continue to love him and cherish all the memories that they have made.